[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digitalized study environment discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1486641686623.png (197KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
1486641686623.png
197KB, 300x468px
Do you guys still mess around with actual paper, or have you went fully digital already?
>>
>>8665017
i have gone fully digital
>>
I really like wood and paper for drawing and modeling.
Recently learnt how exactly an old windmill works this way
>>
Mostly, though its very recent.

I still prefer paper for taking notes, I feel I retain it better, and it just feels more natural to me. But I've started doing all my homework in Latex after working out the problem on a whiteboard. I already spent way too much time writing on paper trying to make my shitty handwriting look neat, only for it to look like shit anyway, and I already know latex well, and figured it would impress the normies.
>>
>>8665017
>have you went fully digital

Which High School do you need to sue?
>>
My library of books and research papers is digital.

If I have to concentrate on reading for extended periods of time, i.e. research papers in detail I will just print them and work with them only pen and paper. Gives me less distractions.
>>
>>8665037
Thanks.
>>8665061
I see.
>>
>>8665073
you're welcome.
i find it a lot easier to use a digital environment because i can find things faster
i'm not limited by flipping through an index, for example

in the case of math, i can rapidly prototype by using a computer algebra system
in the case of computer science, well...you kind of need a digital environment to do anything anyway

overall, i believe it works better because i can utilize a ludicrous amount of sources to study from
>>
>>8665017
>have you went
>>
Psychology research points out that when you are learning something, physically writing down notes helps you retain more information than reading notes on a computer. Take that as you will. Digital is great for management and organization but at the end of the day I still want things on paper.
>>
>>8665017
I usually have a paper notebook around to write in as it tends to be faster and more accessible.
>>
I'm oldschool. I print out all papers. I like to use highlighters, and I also like the intuitive feel of volume in stacks of paper. I have a couple of whiteboards that i use extensively. I have never used a digital sketching tool that allows all the versatility of paper.
>>
>>8665130
>Psychology research
>>
>>8665213
only brainlets talk shit about psychology
>>
I do close to all of my work digitally, though there are some processes that need a lot of freedom, where I still prefer to do it by hand.

This includes rough math and annotation of books/written work. Both of these could be replaced, but imo most of the software out there is simply not intuitive enough.
>>
I use a hybrid approach, I take notes by hand occasionally but sometimes I type them up in LaTeX and print them out and put them in a binder.

About half of my books are digital. Might reduce that by selling the hardcopies because moving with books is a hassle; I prefer to travel light.
>>
all my classes are physics classes, so yeah paper and pencil

there are a handful (like 3 out of 100) who use a stylus on a tablet here

when I was still taking GE's every person in the class would be on their laptop
3/4 on facebook etc doing nothing school related
why even go? it's not like there is attendance or participation points
>>
>>8665017
I found it too difficult to organize and navigate my research notes on paper. I do everything in vim or Evernote now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.