[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1094.png (570KB, 3199x3689px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1094.png
570KB, 3199x3689px
Any medfags here? Is it actually worth it to go to medical school?
>>
>>8664986
every single doctor i've ever talked to says that they would never push their kid into medicine, or even casually recommend it, because it sucks that much. You won't make anything until your late 30s at the earliest, and you will never work less than 45 hours per week for your entire career even in the most relaxed specialties like dermatology.

If you don't SPECIFICALLY want to help people in the way a DOCTOR does it, then don't do it, for your own sake.
>>
>>8664986
>Is it worth it
What do you mean by "it", Peasant?
>>
>>8665577
Going to medical school to become a doctor. Bruh, the post was like the sentence after next.
>>
>>8664986
I am wanting to go to medschool, not to be a doctor but a pathologist.
>>
>>8664986
I'm doing it just so I can get an MD after my name
>>
>>8664994
Damn I convinced my sister to ditch meme psychology and try to become a doctor first then try neurology.
She's really interested in the brain though.
>>
>>8664986
>School sucks, heavy workload, subject not interesting at all
>Career start sucks, enjoy your 80h+ weeks for below average pay in the practical year and first year in a hospital
And then you go and found your own surgery, work your ass off for the first 5-10 years and then cash in on your reputation while abusing young meds to do your work
>>
>>8665936
>is going to medical school to become a doctor
>worth going to medical school to become a doctor
that clears up everything, Aristotle
>>
>>8664986
Im done with Uni and so far its worth it.

I mean, what are you going to do with life if not that?

Just make sure you specialize in something you like and can deal with the hours. Some specs are night and day difference. But there is smth for everyone.
>>
>>8664986
P•H•A•R•M•A•C•O•L•O•G•Y

Best job, no fuss, no patients.
>>
>>8666474
Psychiatry/neurology is much more interesting and >real than psychology. She made a good choice.
Also, very few wants to work in psychiatry so it's pretty much an open goal if she passes according to my knowledge.
>>
>>8666258
From what I've heard you can't just go into med school saying you want to be a pathologist
>>
>>8666474
You did good anon.
>>
>>8664986
I'm thinking of the same, although in general I hate to deal with people. I'd rather just tell people what to do based on the best knowledge that I have, but succesful patient-caregiver relationships seem to require at least some level of empathy and social mingling
>>
>>8664986
Financially? No.
>>
Yes if you actually care about doing medicine
No if doing it for $$$. If you are bright/hardworking enough to get into medicine, you can easily do something that will net you more money, much faster.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.