[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird weather stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: GFS-025deg_NH-SAT2_T2_anom[1].png (136KB, 722x744px) Image search: [Google]
GFS-025deg_NH-SAT2_T2_anom[1].png
136KB, 722x744px
pic related, warming airmass invading Siberia from the North Pole? wtf?

how unusual is it? I'll post more from nullschool.
>>
File: GFS-025deg_NH-SAT2_T2.png (126KB, 722x640px) Image search: [Google]
GFS-025deg_NH-SAT2_T2.png
126KB, 722x640px
>>8662949

temperature map, it's evidently warmer airmass
>>
File: weird arctic weather.jpg (267KB, 983x655px) Image search: [Google]
weird arctic weather.jpg
267KB, 983x655px
it's like the warm Atlantic airmass is sucked to the pole, makes a turn around Scandinavia and then is ventilated into the Eurasian continent over the White Sea.
>>
it's like it specifically wants to melt the polar ice
>>
>>8662949
>why do atlantic cyclone goes to central russia
>>
>>8662949
Pretty sure it's caused by the thermohaline circulation. Take a look at this and see how closely they compare.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermohaline_circulation
>>
Fucking jews and their (((cliamte science))) making the planet warmer artificially through HAARP, wake up sheeple!
>>
>>8663260
> atlantic cyclone
is that it ?
>>
>>8663290
He probably meant the gulf stream.
>>
>>8663238

yes and no. There is a global temperature differential and it 'wants' to equalize itself.

more AGW = more weird ventilation events
>>
also, what I noticed is that the winds in the North Atlantic, around Ireland, are permanently south-to-north winds.

as if it switched to a permanent ventilation mechanism over that area.
>>
Thanks Obama
>>
Is not weird, is the Gulf Stream
>>
>>8662949
It related to pressures at those locations. The red, warmer area over Greenland is an area of low pressure. That is counter-clockwise rotation, and the center of that low pressure system is slowly driving north into the pole, (It's the same low that dropped all of the snow over the Northeast yesterday) along the eastern coast of Greenland.. As that low moved to the poles, it generated warm air advection over Greenland, bringing plenty of heat from the south northward.

The blue spot over Russia and an area of high pressure. Clear skies and a continental air mass allow for very efficient radiational cooling. Also, high pressures are bitterly cold during the winter as they bring air from the top of the atmosphere to the surface, and also bring cold air advection down from the poles.

This set up has come and gone basically all winter long up around the poles. Early in the year, say November, the north pole was 36F above normal for that time of the year due to a similar set up.

You won't see the red move much further into Russia. The high pressure will hold in place and you'll continue to see those type of stark temperature contrasts hold in place.
>>
>>8663238
I bet Trump did this
>>
>>8664267
Also, you are looking at anomalies, not actual air temperatures, so while the red does indicate warmer than average temperatures, it's still cold as fuck up there because they are getting 0 daylight right now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.