[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on longevity and reversing ageing. From what I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: reverse_aging.jpg (28KB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
reverse_aging.jpg
28KB, 540x280px
Red pill me on longevity and reversing ageing. From what I've read, listened and watched (a lot) it seems perfectly plausible that we could do this in 20 to 25 years. I mean, the science behind it seems sound and we just reversed aging in mice last year.

But then there are a lot of people who are saying that it's not possible and even if it is possible, it will get banned or only the elites will get it or it will only become available 100 years from now.

What's the reality of this all?
>>
I think it's possible and will happen, but just in a long time. Remember drug idea to market takes 20 or 30 years, I don't think we'll see legit extension medicine until maybe 50 to 80 years, probably even longer. Think of all the long term studies that will be needed.

I also don't think it'll be restricted to the elite. With Internet and democracy we've had the most equality than any other time in history, and if you want to make a lot of money, you lower the price and expand the market, which someone will definitely do.
>>
>>8662811
>Remember drug idea to market takes 20 or 30 years

Maybe here in the West. But then again, would you go to China for treatments against aging? I won't even eat their food when I travel there.
>>
We can't even get to mars. You want reverse aging in 20-25 years? Try 70-80 years at the earliest.
>>
If it does happen it will probably be regulated (At least I hope so). Think of all the idiots out there. Do you -really- want them living to 350?
>>
>>8662796

You can reverse some aspects of aging with some fringe stuff we have tested, but it doesn't cover everything. Its less 'make you young again' and more 'make being old suck less'. You'll still probably die of the same shit, just maybe a decade later and you will have better quality of life until you do.

Of course, the social and cultural aspects of increased longevity are really awful, to the point that we should never want this technology to ever be perfected.

Even if all you do is double the average lifespan, the impact on resources and politics is fucking painful. These people still need to eat, still need to support themselves. Its all of the problems of overpopulations, but without the refresh rate and forcing any social issue to stick around for fucking centuries.

We in america are STILL getting caught in the crossfire of the fucking culture war in the 60s because old people refuse to let that shit go. Imagine that, but still going on 80 years from now because all those fuckers are STILL ALIVE.
>>
>>8662856
They won't. Reverse aging does not equal invulnerability, they'll still die from disease or doing something obscenely stupid.
>>
File: 1486420104067.jpg (492KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486420104067.jpg
492KB, 1024x768px
>>8662862
>the social and cultural aspects of increased longevity are really awful
In 2040, over 35% of the GDP of the United States will go to taking care of elderly. That is not affordable. There's two ways to handle it: either we rejuvenate older people so they can be young again and take care of themselves OR we start gassing people that can't take care of themselves. The latter is not an option because Hitler.

>Its less 'make you young again' and more 'make being old suck less'
No, the treatments I'm talking about will make people physically young again in every possible way.

>forcing any social issue to stick around for fucking centuries
>We in america are STILL getting caught in the crossfire of the fucking culture war in the 60s because old people refuse to let that shit go. Imagine that, but still going on 80 years from now because all those fuckers are STILL ALIVE
Are you one of those people who are all about "social progress"? And you think older people stand in the way of that "social progress" because they are old and stupid? If you are, consider this: maybe they are against some changes because they have more experience and they know those changes are not good. Just like kids want to just stay up late, play video games and eat only ice cream but adults know better. Pic very much related.

>>8662884
This.

>>8662854
Well, you could argue that we haven't even cured balding yet... I see your point.
>>
>>8662796
The only sane route to health is nutrition.
Do you really expect a little pill to go into someone's body and fix all their malformed cells?
Maybe you're believing a bunch of little robots is going to fix people?
Programmers and scientist wanna-be's can't fix themselves far less other people.
>>
>>8662970
Get the fuck out of this board. Now.
>>
File: singularity.gif (68KB, 504x716px) Image search: [Google]
singularity.gif
68KB, 504x716px
>>
there is already regenerative medicine senpai. there are people at this very moment injecting themselves with GDF11
>>
>>8662796
>Red pill me on longevity and reversing ageing.
Entirely doable within the next 30~50 years if we get lucky.

If cloning and growth vats become real and we can engineer and grow clones without a brain, CNS transpants become a practical and morally acceptable possibility.

Then people will realize that the only thing keeping them from indefinite lifespan is reliable CNS maintanence and a colossal wave of frantic funding and development will ensue.
>>
>>8663063
>transpants
*transplants...
>>
>>8662796
The blood of children... The elite already use it... Yes, it is fucked up...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.