[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are the person doing the evaluation in a Turing test, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: thoughtful_gorilla_gallery.jpg (136KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtful_gorilla_gallery.jpg
136KB, 1500x1004px
You are the person doing the evaluation in a Turing test, but instead of evaluating an AI you are evaluating the world as it's presented to you, you're deciding whether it's in some sense "genuine", or if it's a simulation, or just an extension of your consciousness. Consider the worlds "output" what arrives via your human senses.

What is your evaluation?
>>
>>8662451
As I am part of the experiment, i recuse myself from making an informed evaluation.
>>
>>8662451
The world is real

Source: I'm not an edgy 14 year old or a pretend college nihilist
>>
>>8662471
nihilism has nothing to do with whether or not reality exists
>>
>>8662451
Define "genuine" in a non-self-referential manner.
>>
>>8662451
My conclusion is that, as long as the rules remain consistent, it is the best course of action to treat the world as if it were real.
>>
>>8662451
I assume the world is real because there is no way to determine if it isn't real, so it is a waste of time to rack one's brain over it.
>>
>>8662472
I'm not a solipsolist either

And yes it does only nihilist and idiots unironically engage in "i dont exist" thought experiments at this point.

Where is the proof that it doesn't exist?
>>
File: Harambe_Closeup.jpg (1MB, 1909x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Harambe_Closeup.jpg
1MB, 1909x1501px
>>8662506

Sounds like what a simulation would say.
>>
>>8662510
Dude just relax and enjoy the triple whoppers, booze and prostitutes that I have program-- eh I mean that are here naturally in this totally real world of ours.
>>
>>8662451
we should use the turing test on actual people

because they are some that just arent aware
>>
Is there anything even remotely productive in obsessing over something as pointless as this

The world as it stands is confusing enough as is
>>
>>8662748
That's racist :^)
>>
Hello. We are trying to reach you, send messages into the simulation. We are not sure where this message will show up, though it may be introduced around discussion of similar concepts, nor who among you will be able to perceive it. But everything you know is a lie, the "world" you think you inhabit is created to keep you docile. It is vital that you WAKE UP now!
>>
>>8663885
Old fucking joke 0/10 here's your (You)
>>
Plato's allegory of the cave, just get socrates to come in with rescue harnesses
>>
>>8663890
WAKE UP!!!!
>>
>>8662451
Well played grand designer, well played. On a serious note, you could also be a part of some grand "experiment" yourself. Sure, we could all be just brains in a vat, or whatever skeptical hypothesis you'd like to envision. At the end of the day, though, you have to live in your existence.
>>
Do machines have a Turing test for humans?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.