[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any seismologists here? What's the likelihood of a big fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: san-andreas-fault-map.jpg (336KB, 711x750px) Image search: [Google]
san-andreas-fault-map.jpg
336KB, 711x750px
Any seismologists here?
What's the likelihood of a big fucking earthquake destroying California in the next few years? I'm talking like some 10.8 Richter shit, with an epicenter a stone's throw from San Fran.
I really want these motherfuckers to die.
>>
California is the best country in the world you cuck. Also, the chances of that happening are nil.

source: Californianian master race seismologist
>>
>>8658612
>Destroying California
Thats impossible, do you have any idea how much force is needed to vaporize a mass of continental crust that large?
>>
>>8658612
Why the fuck would you want to do that? US is already a declining power, without California they're literally third world. You don't want the chinks to take over.
>>
>>8658623
>You don't want the chinks to take over.
why not? maybe they'd enslave niggers or get rid of them outright.
>>
>>8658612
>wanting one of the country's high technology centers and major research concentrations to hey destroyed
>wanting the US's already crappy internet infrastructure to get even worse
>wanting the Mexican and chinese/Vietnamese containment zone to burst open into the rest of the country
>>
>>8658619
it's not as large as you're mom's crust :^)
>>
>>8658612
I'd be more worried about Yellowstone destroying over half of the US.
>>
I'm actually interested in this cause when i graduate I'm considering moving to Boston, NYC, San Francisco or Los Angeles. If Im gonna just get killed fuck that.

SF is right on the line shit
>>
>>8658689
You want to move North, like Canada North. Cimate change is one hell of a catastophe.
>>
>>8658717
What about NYC and Boston north?
>>
>>8658722
Will canada become the next America? Will super cold lands become green fields?
>>
>>8658722
The US being strongly against prevention means it's in line of sight for attacks due to all the other countries suffering from it. I'd just book it to Canada since we have a positive worldwide image and many of the wealthy are doing the same for the same reasons.
>>
>>8658727
Definitely, I have no delusions about the world being able to cut CO2 emissions, if we were able to do that we'd have done it already.
>>
>>8658745
When do you think the lands will change? If so I'm off to Toronto then!
>>
>>8658727
No the soil is rocky and shit, it suddenly being warm won't change that. Look up the Canadian Shield.
>>
>>8658776
Toronto is already green so no worries there, as for the permafrost it's complicated to predict exactly when it will be green. When permafrost does thaw you can count on temperatures increasing rapidly due to the release of methane which is 23 times stronger as a greenhouse gas than CO2. The positive feedback loop this creates means that once it starts to thaw, it'll all finish thawing rapidly.
>>
>>8658797
Rocky soil doesn't mean shit for pioneer species, they create their own biomes. Lichen being present means the soil is already ripe for the picking as soon as it thaws enough for roots to enter.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.