[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What STEM degrees are saturated. I want to get to the bottom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1478581741696.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478581741696.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
What STEM degrees are saturated. I want to get to the bottom of this. So far, the only one I think that is saturated is CS.
>>
Aerospace. Literally fuck off if you're a brainlet looking to get into finance with a fancy degree. Only the most dedicated should still be allowed in.
>>
>CS
>saturated

however did you arrive at that conclusion when it's currently the fastest growing and largest STEM job market available

Shit, I know of a lot of people in engineering going into IT and software because that's simply where the jobs are
>>
>>8657237
>Shit, I know of a lot of people in engineering going into IT and software because that's simply where the jobs are

Tell them to stop fucking up the market. We miss our comfortable $150-200k jobs.
>>
>>8657237
>the fastest growing bubble
>>
>>8657237
You don't need a CS degree to do software.
>>
>>8657247
this
CS is the brainlet field of brainlet fields
>>
>>8657237
It is saturated though. That's like the argument that biotech/biochem is super fast growing and thus a good educational investment. The reality is that although, percent-wise, they are fast growing industries, the number of raw jobs available doesn't meet the supply of new workers for the industry. It's like how 25 years ago, law was the fastest growing industry, then the employment bubble popped and suddenly there was a fuckton of lawyers that were broke as shit.
>>
>>8657247
If want to out CRUD or cult Framework.
>>
Bio is pretty saturated.
Molecular genetics and microbio fields aren't though and have nearly infinite applications.
>>
>>8657227
Wait so are you saying finance AND aerospace are saturated or is there a relationship you were making?
>>
CS is not saturated at all.
Even the code monkeys will have a lot of opportunities in the next few years developing frontend for ML applications.
ML field is literally in a drought of talents right now. The top professors have to drop some projects because there are not enough manpower. Internship in ML is pretty much guaranteed if you have some decent knowledge in basic ML.
>>
>>8657239
code monkeys aren't taking your 150-200k jobs. ML scientists can get 250k+ a year in the bay area. Including benefits, stocks, etc..., the very top talents get > 500k a year.
>>
>>8657047
all of them
>>
>>8657331

Are you talking from first hand knowledge or through an indirect source?

If it's first hand knowledge, do those ML scientists need Post-Docs and 10-20 years of experience?

If it's not first hand knowledge, not to be mean, but I suppose I don't really care what rumors you have heard.
>>
>>8657351
>XD
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.