[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Density of cocaine + math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0322.jpg (139KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.jpg
139KB, 1600x1200px
Okay I think this is a fun hypothetical that happened in a table top game that I was part of.

Involved is a brick of "moondust" (for all intents and purposes our GM said it's like cocaine) and a spiked mace.

A brick was thrown and batted back at the thrower still intact. I tried to argue that the brick should have exploded once struck by a spiked mace. Others argued that a brick is dense enough to survive being hit like it was.

So science/math folks could you help solve this debate?
>>
>>8654947
>So science/math folks could you help solve this debate?
Not without knowing the actual physical properties of the brick.
>>
>>8654963
Okay so I don't know how dense a brick of cocaine is weights are estimated
1000 grams = 35.27 ounces "One Kilo"
A kilogram of cocaine is often referred to as being 2.2 pounds of cocaine.
1 kilo (kilogram, 2.2 pounds) of cocaine (compressed) would be about 4 inches by 8 inches by 1.5 inches thick or 48 cubic inches, an inch longer than a large paperback book.
This is about 10 x 20 x 4 cm. (800 cm3) at 1.216 g/cm3
Hope this helps
>>
Neither of you are correct; the brick would neither have stayed intact nor exploded. Assuming it is a BRICK of cocaine created by ideal pressure compaction, and having about the same properties as talcum powder, the brick would simply have split into pieces wherever impact was made. Though, made un-idealy, the most likely scenario is a bit of powder release upon impact.
>>
>>8654947
>a brick is dense enough to survive being hit
mercury is fucking denser than lead, but if it gets hit by a mace, it will "explode" into tiny drops.
>>
>>8655126
Mercury in room temperature is in liquid state.
>>
>>8654947
>Bricklayer here

A normal bat would have split it in 2 pieces, over the line of contact. A spiked mace is probably the worst tool to break a brick of cocain.
>>
>>8655150
And even in liquid its much more dense. His point is density has nothing to do with its behavior.
>>
>>8655126
It's a liquid at room temp but If you hit mercury it goes solid.

In any case it wouldn't explode, if anything your mace hilt would snap (if you could actually hold it through the impact)
>>
But aren't bricks of cocaine typically wrapped in plastic or cellophane? My assumption would be that the mace would puncture the wrap, causing the cocaine to spill out.

I'm also assuming it would depend on how hard the mace was swung and the dynamics of the strike (how sharp the mace was, etc)
>>
>>8654980
Density is only a part of the equation. If you hit a brick of magnesium (1.7 c/cm3), do you think it would break at all? Or that sulphur (2.1 g/cm3) would remain intact?
>>
>>8654947
Since you STEM people know nothing about cocaine, I'll elaborate. Bricked cocaine is hard as fuck, this is why people use a razor to cut up (good) cocaine.

That brick of cocaine would be at best dented after the hit. And no, it wouldn't "spill out" like this fag sugguests >>8655285

>Others argued that a brick is dense enough to survive being hit like it was.

You spotted the cokeheads (who knew what they were talking about).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.