[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I never really hear any discussion or potential solutions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: dooms_day.png (178KB, 1198x922px) Image search: [Google]
dooms_day.png
178KB, 1198x922px
So, I never really hear any discussion or potential solutions.

Is the world population going to fuck us over in 10-20 years? Am I just going to start getting my life together, and then a mob of starving people is going to kill everyone who has a house?

Exaggerations aside, what does this chart mean for the future?
>>
File: world pop 2100.png (64KB, 1454x753px) Image search: [Google]
world pop 2100.png
64KB, 1454x753px
The growth will come from Africa. Europe, NA, SA and Oceania is not overpopulated.
>>
>>8654465
>Is the world population going to fuck us over in 10-20 years?

Nah, birth rates have been declining since the 60s. There's very little to worry about, all that's required is for westerners to take a bit of a haircut to their living standards....Actually there might be something to worry about.
>>
Studies suggest that the human population will peak at 10 billion, then it will decline afterwards.
Makes sense. African and asian populations keep growing, but at the same time they are getting more and more developed. And we know that developed countries have a declining population.
>>
>>8654488
>Studies suggest that the human population will peak at 10 billion

I hope so... Even 10 billion is going to be really tough. I read that famine is going to start being a thing again in the near future.
>>
Freemasons usually talk a lot about population increase and non-conventional ways to solve it. Of course they don't consider the possibility that the elite class is the one wich occupies the most space on the planet, posessing milions and milions of acres of land for one person, distributing the production according to their own financial interests.
>>
MOUSE UTOPIA EXPERIMENT
>>
Well, lets consider this rationally.

Fact. We know it can not just keep going up.

Therefore it must either level off or else decrease.

Fact. We know most western nations are in population decline and therefore import migrants to sustain growth.

Fact. Most population growth occurs in developing nations.

To level off overall population growth you would have to convince those developing nations to limit their growth.

Fact: To date developing nations have shown no inclination to limit their population growth.

Therefore it seems reasonable to predict that a J curve event will occur.

Immigration pressure on developed nations will increase dramatically. Those nations which accept immigrants will see the displacement of their indigenous populations. The tipping point will come where the political/social/cultural/economic nature of those nations are resolved in favor of the indigenous population and/or its values or the migrant population. In the former case population growth will decrease at a non-catastrophic rate. In the latter case the host nation will itself become a contributor to a J curve event.
>>
>>8654465
It's means that unless something radically new and realistic happens along, a lot of people are scr... to suffer horribly. Maybe it's karma.
>>
>>8654465
>>8654465
Ask me how I know you're a brainwashed CNN loving millennial liberal.
>>
>>8654602

Because you don't belong here on /sci/
>>
>>8654465
It means more people are living where they didn't before.

Africa, the Middle East, and Asia's (particularly non India and China's) have exploded, while Europe, china, India have grown steadily and are now dropping off, and North America's obviousy exploded but is now on the same level with Europe on growth.

Africa if they get their shit together will be able to independently support at least 2bn people based on current agriculture levels in more developed nations like South Africa.
>>
>>8654570

Her, der. The population can't increase into infinity.

Yeah, I think we know that already.
>>
>>8654584

Every time I have seen this topic brought up, people act like the problem will go away magically without damage.

Maybe you are right. Maybe some people deserve the consequences of being so near sighted.
>>
>>8654554

That's a really cool experiment. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZFJijOH63I
>>
>>8654627
I think they were saying race to the bottom in the politically correct way. The larger problem is the natural leveling off which is probably overshoot if most studies like Universe 25 or the St. Matthew Island Reindeer crash prove correct, compound that with fossil fuel depletion and world will turn into nightmare zombie horde mode someday in the 21st century for sure.
>>
The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
>>
>>8654627

You would be surprised how many people are in denial of this basic fact. They see lots of "empty" land and assume we can just keep filling it up.

Tell ya what, make a thread stating how population can not keep on rising indefinitely and see how many people will argue against you. Listen incredulously as they ignore basic facts and choose instead to rabbit on about such inanities as "advanced agricultural science" etc, blithely ignoring any thing to the contrary such a soil degradation etc. Then take your Hurr Durr and shove it firmly up yer conceited arse.

Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.