[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Singapore the best country to live in for a scientist? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is Singapore the best country to live in for a scientist?

The West seems so turbulent.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a nerd as an adult. Guy that works solving problems in front of a computer, and comes back to his big suburban home in a street filled with trees to be greeted by a hot hazelnut haired female nerd professor of history or geology or something like that while she is getting dinner out of the oven. Meanwhile I play the Super NES of the future with my kid while preparing for the super bowl.

After the dinner, my female and I would have a warm bath in the Jacuzzi listening to Sade or some shit while planning the visit the weekend trip to the museum in a cool nearby city.

That is impossible. The well is poisoned. Confrontation, economic stagnation... the mainstream discourse is too low.

Besides, I HATE BEGGARS AND I HATE OBESE PEOPLE. If I lived in a society with few obese people, I would love them. But now the innocent obese suffer the consequences of being surrounded by the lazy obese.

I hate fat people, I hate how low the average IQ is.
Is this the end of the West?

Is Singapore the place to be for serious people??
>>
>>8654290

You are literally a /sci/ meme.
>>
>>8654290

Singapore sounds like it is out of your price range.

Singapore is going to be harder, not easier OP. If you have problems in the West that you cannot resolve, you will definitely have problems in Singapore.
>>
>>8654296

>Singapore sounds like it is out of your price range.
Not if I get a job there.
>>
>>8654365

I just meant that it is a very expensive place to live.

If you feel passionately about something go for it though.
>>
>>8654290
Singapore models the best place for science to flourish. It's economic model is based on, "Everyone around me is corrupt, so we will be Switzerland and just make money off their inability to sort their shit out." Australia would do well to be the first country to try and merge east-west.

I personally do not mind the HDB because you can always make those things better (economies of scale).

People only beg to crawl their way into societies good graces. They do not desire worship, only the space to give as necessary.

East/West must meet.
>>
>>8654290
>I hate fat people, I hate how low the average IQ is.
You sound hugely pretentious.
>>
>>8654422
No. He is just chinese. They have strict moral codes and believe that your physical self is a direct representation of your 'spiritual' self. The body is there to be bent to your will, not become a part of it.

East/West must meet.
>>
Only if you are a multimillionaire, otherwise it's a shit place.
>>
>>8654428
>East/West must meet.
That's already happening m8. You have a lot of japs and koreans making their eyes look bigger and westerners practicing meditation and martial arts. That intersection only tends to grow.
>>
>>8654290
>I HATE
you cannot go to Singapore, ever
>>
>>8654365
What makes you think you can get a job there?
>>
Don't fuck with the government please.
t. man who lived there for two years and talked to the locals
>>
Sorry to burst your bubble but... Grass is always greener, buddy. We have our fair share of problems here, as with everywhere else in the world. For one, the older generations of singaporeans tend to be rather close minded, and so, xenophobic. What makes you think you can settle comfortably here, OP?

Besides, as almost everyone else has mentioned, this is a country that has been consistently ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. Forget about 'flourishing scientifically' if you can barely make ends meet. That being said, I sincerely wish you all the best, OP.
>>
>>8654633
Pretty much this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.