[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the highest honor/award in the scientific community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: dawkins award.jpg (125KB, 876x960px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins award.jpg
125KB, 876x960px
What is the highest honor/award in the scientific community? Field's medal? Nobel Prize? Presidential medal?
>>
Actually doing something useful.
>>
Getting an important concept named after you.
>>
>>8651886
>tfw shit surname and even if i discovered something they wouldn't use my name
>>
>>8651911
t. Smith
>>
>>8651878
>Presidential medal?
You can remove this one from the list until the next president comes along.
>>
There are three.

James Randi 1 million dollar prize for proving paranormal events.

Millenium Prize is worth 4 or 5 field medals at least. P=NP is worth over 100

Six-star general in the U.S army. This one is only vaguely scientific but still almost impossible to achieve.
>>
File: Memefication theory.png (222KB, 569x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Memefication theory.png
222KB, 569x2271px
>>8651878

4chan (you)'s
>>
>>8652442
You're retarded because you have to be under 35 to win a field's medal, and it's impossible to be a six-star general since George Washington was posthumously promoted to the rank so no one can outrank him.

Getting a medal of honor is a pretty serious thing though, and you'll certainly have a more lavish funeral than any meme scientist
>>
File: freebeer.jpg (73KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
freebeer.jpg
73KB, 564x564px
>>
>>8652711
>You're retarded because you have to be under 35 to win a field's medal
old people don't contribute to mathematics
>>
>>8652266
cuck detected
>>
>>8651878
CHOCOLATE?
>>
>>8651878
Having an important unit named after yourself
>>
>>8651878
Begin shoulders of giants to next gen.

Is 1000 times better B.S to PhD work on base your works, inside them know you win one medal or prize.
>>
>>8652767
What
>>
>>8652711
>it's impossible to be a six-star general since George Washington was posthumously promoted to the rank so no one can outrank him.
Just gotta do something that is even better than the stuff he did.
>>
File: Lawrence_Krauss_Dawkins_Award_1.jpg (91KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
Lawrence_Krauss_Dawkins_Award_1.jpg
91KB, 1024x656px
Richard Dawkins Award
>The award is named after Richard Dawkins, an English evolutionary biologist who was named the world's top thinker in 2013.[2] The award is given out to individuals that raised public consciousness of atheism in the past year.

It's basically the highest award you can receive as a thinker, and it contributes to the end of dogmatic religious thinking that is poisoning the scientific community.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.