[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

before he went mad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: ted kaczynski.jpg (40KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
ted kaczynski.jpg
40KB, 650x488px
how good of a mathematician was he?
>>
He was pretty good
>>
Wasn't he supposedly close to solving Fermat's Last Theorem before Wiles

or is that just a myth, i heard it once by someone
>>
>>8650469
absolutely a myth
>>
>>8650469
100% true.

It's what drove him insane
>>
did anyone have him as a professor here?
>>
In a way he is like a genius Elliot Rodgers. You can read about how his anger was caused largely by his lack of success with women, and how he felt they rejected him. He even sent a nasty threatening letter to one. Get your colleagues girlfriends before they start blowing people up.
>>
>>8650497
didn't he also have a deep hatred for his brother or something?
>>
>>8650497
His anger wasn't because of women. He set out on his crusade against modern society because he was hiking in the woods one day and found that some fucker had gone and built a road straight through his favorite bluff.
>>
>>8650464
He was good. There are stories about how he was publishing papers in top journals (solving problems his advisers couldn't) while his classmates were busy working on their homework.

His advisers had no idea he was working on their problems independently. He wouldn't say a word, just pushed the papers on their desk once they were published. Only complaint the profs had was they wish he spoke to them so they could guide him if he were working on problems someone else was etc.

One of his advisers said he was the best he seen.

I don't agree with his message but he wrote a new book

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Tech-Revolution-Theodore-John-Kaczynski/dp/1944228004
>>
Its kind of fucked up, I'm going to be getting a graduate degree in engineering and I also think his critiques are probably correct.
>>
>>8650482
>It's what drove him insane
what if he isn't insane? everything he wrote about in his manifesto is happening. AI is gonna destroy the world
>>
>>8650497
shouldn't supreme intellectuals be above sexual concerns, or am i missing something?
>>
>>8650582
I think he didn't mean that Elliot Rodger was a genius -- he meant that Ted was rather a genius version of Rodger.
>>
>>8650497
found the Jew
>>
>>8650550
I'm guessing the source for these anecdotes is your own fanfic

None of this shit is true or quoted anywhere
>>
>>8650556
Even if his overall understanding of society and its future were right, he sure didn't choose effective tactics to achieve his desired end.
>>
>>8650624
it's not. there are various bios and written letters out there. plus he won an ward and it's still on mich campus today.

so fuck off
>>
>>8650630
It was actually the most effective way he could have gone about it. To this day people still read the manifesto in college (although probably not the right people to appreciate it).
>>
>>8650631
>it's not. there are various bios and written letters out there.
So why don't you provide some links to the ones you're quoting

he didn't publish anything at all until he was working on his PhD in Michigan 2 years after he graduated Harvard. He wasn't publishing while his classmates were "doing homework"
>>
>>8650630
>Even if his overall understanding of society and its future were right, he sure didn't choose effective tactics to achieve his desired end.
Maybe that was the best strategy? Attack people who are adding to existential risk.
>>
>>8650637
It is a combination of courses. You are an annoying little prick.

Learn to fucking use google.
>>
>>8650641
>google
>the only sources that come up are in direct contradiction to your fantasies about him publishing in undergrad and being some spooky good will hunting math ghost

The guy was brilliant enough as it is
He went to Harvard at 16 for fuck's sake
you don't need to make shit up for him
>>
>>8650630
I think the reason he did what he did was that there really aren't any "effective strategies" available.

How on earth do you completely demolish modern society? It's really not possible to do anything, especially for one guy, and he demonstrates in his writings that he understands that. But he feels it needs to change so strongly that he can't accept that fact. So he turned to the absolute most desperate option possible out of despair.
>>
>>8650649
>>8650651
>>8650654
>triggered spic copy pastes the entire wikipedia article because somebody questioned his wank
>>
>>8650657
If you wanted to do that you could just back up your 3-4 statements with direct quotes instead of spamming pages of text like a monkey
>>
File: 1436569490348-1.gif (1MB, 240x281px) Image search: [Google]
1436569490348-1.gif
1MB, 240x281px
why didn't he start his own foundation that went against the removal of freedom/individualism for the sake of industrial optimization? wouldn't it have held a larger stake than his bombings?
>>
>>8650659
https://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/0526unabom-profile.html
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.