[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

To all the intellectual, self proclaimed cryptographers out there: a friend sent me this claiming he deciphered two messages within this puzzle using only Morse Code and Binary. Can anyone verify if this is solvable? If so, what is the message and how might one manage to crack the code?
>>
File: Uhh.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Uhh.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>8649696
With a big dick and a brew.
>>
>>8649696
I am unable to verify if it is solvable, but I can verify that there is a message.
>>
>>8649696

I actually am planning on doing my thesis in a cryptography-subfield. Spoiler alert but, I hate silly little cryptograms desu, I'm sure it is solvable but I just can't care.

Anyone else ever feel that way about their field? Like everytime someone tries to engage me in talk about cryptograms or sudoku or whatever I just get depressed.
>>
>>8650027
The constant stupidity from laymen who think they know more than you in your expertise is depressing in any field. Try being a climate scientist and hearing the non-stop bullshit from everyone about climate change. Evolution has been a nightmare to deal with too.
>>
>>8650027
What do you plan to do research in? Crypto is oversaturated..
>>
>>8650041

You really think it is? It was going to be related to authentication on sensor nets/delay tolerant networking stuff.(I'm well aware that wireless sensor networking stuff is oversaturated also, but it is the hand I've been dealt at the moment)
>>
>>8650050
i dunno, something a potential adviser told me. but he wasn't opposed to me doing research in it. i think he meant more number theoretic research in crypto.
>>
>>8650037
>climate (((scientist)))
People wouldn't find them as big of a joke if they can do proper statistical analysis.
>>
>>8650037
they don't think they know more than you
they just want to make conversation, you autist
>>
>>8650037

I know how you feel. I really feel sorry for climate scientist and cringe every time I hear laymen start bullshitting.
>>
>>8650135
As a pre-med student, you wouldn't believe the number of people who keep trying to tell me "this herb heals that" and "vaccines cause autism". I know they're trying to "look out for me" and protect me from big-pharma, but would I have chosen this field if I'm going to look into every case-study that challenges my beliefs? I don't think so. It's difficult to carry conversation when every "alternative fact" is necessary for me to pause and consider whether medicine is work of the devil corporations.
>>
>>8650050

So you're interested in applied crypto? I personally do research in theoretical cryptography. Your adviser is definitely right regarding the saturation of the field, but I picked an extremely niche (yet also interesting) area of cryptography for my research. The lack of people studying the same topic means that, while I'm also the first to reach results, I also get to be the first to implement them.

The feeling of actually generating new knowledge literally makes me euphoric. I HIGHLY suggest choosing a part of the field that doesn't attract much interest.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.