[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are bananas radioactive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: uranium.jpg (5KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
uranium.jpg
5KB, 251x201px
did someone rub their radio on the first banana bush or something?
>>
File: chip2.jpg (29KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
chip2.jpg
29KB, 320x220px
home run chippa
>>
the sun is a nuclear reactor, it's pumping out tons of radiation

Banana trees have big leaves, so they absorb a lot of that radiation.
>>
>>8649445
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium-40
>>
File: yum.jpg (34KB, 260x305px) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
34KB, 260x305px
>>8649445
> Bananas are slightly radioactive because they contain potassium and potassium decays.

Some other foods are radioactive as well. Pic related.
>>
lol, bananas aren't radioactive.
i have been eating these for my whole live and i never got cancer.
>>
>>8649546
They are radioactive when they're fresh, which is why they're green (poisonous and radioactive).
They then turn yellow which means they're only radioactive.
Once they start to get brown spots the radio activity in that area has been depleted and they're safe to eat/
>>
>>8649546

Not all types and quantities of radiation will give you cancer. See the fake facts thread.
>>
File: 240px-JROppenheimer-LosAlamos.jpg (17KB, 240x330px) Image search: [Google]
240px-JROppenheimer-LosAlamos.jpg
17KB, 240x330px
could we theoretically make a nuke from bananas?
>>
>>8649566
This was the plot in Planet of the Apes
>>
Well, you're radioactive in the same way so it's probably nothing to worry about.
>>
>>8649555
>They are radioactive when they're fresh, which is why they're green (poisonous and radioactive).
>They then turn yellow which means they're only radioactive.
oh fuck.
>>
>>8649566
>Top African physicists from around the continent gather around to research banana fission
>>
>>8649445
Hold on, this is news to me because I eat a shit ton of bananas. Are you telling me I could get cancer because of that?
>>
File: 20110205-010046.jpg (613KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20110205-010046.jpg
613KB, 2592x1944px
Do banana phones give off twice the amount of radiation?
>>
>>8649445
bananas are high in potassium and are grown at low latitudes, plus residual nuclear test radiation.
>>
>>8649445
anything organic is radioactive
>>
>>8650028
No. Well, anything *might* cause cancer but it's an immeasurably small increased risk.
>>
>>8650061
The part where you listen had been made radiopassive, so it's safe to use them.
>>
>tfw eat at least one banana every day
superpowers here i come.
>>
Lrn2potass-ur-ass fgt pls
>>
wtf I hate kalium now
>>
>>8649546
>lol, bananas aren't radioactive.

Learn you some science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose
>>
>>8649445
Because
e v e r y t h i n g
is radioactive
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.