[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypnosis, pseudo-science or real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: hypnosis.jpg (27KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
hypnosis.jpg
27KB, 617x416px
What's /sci/'s opinion on hypnosis? Is it real or a hoax? Is it possible to erase the number 4 of the mind, or make a person drink water but taste coke?
>>
>>8647767

I always thought it was fake, but one of my friends didn't remember anything after getting hypnotized. Another one of my friends did but said he went along with it anyway.

Either way, it seems to relax people and put them in a kind of meditative/dreamy state.
>>
>>8647767
>What's /sci/'s opinion on hypnosis? Is it real or a hoax?
From what I understand, it's a bit of both.
It exists, but the effects aren't nearly as dramatic or showy as people think they are.
>>
completely true, just go on dlsite and search for hypnosis audios
>>
>>8647767
If it was real, you'd think it would have a lot of useful medical applications.
>>
>>8647767
It's real~ish

It's really fascinating though. Shame it's damn near impossible to find good resources on it on the internet, otherwise I'd try to find you a credible source that can explain why hypnosis does what it does and how hypnotists exploit it.
>>
>>8647767

Well, at minimum, we can see tonic immobility in other animals. I would not be surprised if t he human brain has some defects as well.

A fun example of tonic immobility in some animals,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adJez6xwPcw
>>
>>8647767
In your conscious state your brain is being distracted by external stimuli and your senses are all over the place.

That is why first rule of hypnosis is to find a quiet place, wear comfortable clothes and be in a relaxed position. It is basically a deep state of relaxation where you are neither asleep or awake but your brain is relaxed so it can deep dive and bring to focus information that you have a hard time remembering in a conscious state. Our eyes constantly see and record everything but our brain omits most of the details to only focus on things that we value.

Also in that state, you are more receptive to suggestions and resolving internal conflicts and stress.

Hypnosis on TV and all these shenanigans about mind control is bullshit. The subject is always in control. I have used it during exam times and often mix in some ASMR to help relieve pressure and insomnia.
>>
>>8648671

Hmm... I need someone to hypnotize me off of 4chan.
>>
>>8649779
That can work. Find a doctor who specializes in hypnotherapy.
>>
>>8648671
>ASMR
opinion discarded.
>>
you reminded me of Office Space, gotta rewatch that masterpiece desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.