[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Left or right? What is your justification?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Consider the following.png (879KB, 1553x853px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
879KB, 1553x853px
Left or right? What is your justification?
>>
Ultimately, the right side will cause less total pain then the left side.

But it doesent matter because since the result is amblified to infinity and they're both -1/12 moral.
>>
File: drift.png (328KB, 1353x976px) Image search: [Google]
drift.png
328KB, 1353x976px
tldr
>>
File: 1483659132543.png (212KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1483659132543.png
212KB, 4500x4334px
>>8647515
Run over the lefty obviously
>>
>>8647515

See, I have thought about morality alot. It's always in the back of my mind.

I have decided that moral obligations stop with whatever I care about - usually things that are within my vicinity or awareness.

So the more information you give me, the more burden I have (i.e. ignorance is bliss).

So, for this problem, I will assume that I cannot predict the future. Then the decision is between 2 people with equal value to me (since they are strangers) and the left having 10 hearts. That's why I would choose to run over the 1 person on the right side.

Some people would argue that taking no action would be a good decision, but I think that is stupid. We should exert our will onto our environment. That is what makes us uniquely human.
>>
>>8647557

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4
>>
>>8647515
Not enough information to prove correct answer. If this is an opinion thing I choose right because Jesus said cast your nets to the right side and they got POF.
>>
>>8647515
The issue with these pRoblems is a built in asymmetry. The train is definitely going to go left or right. One of these is the default track.

I argue that if you don't make a choice, then you have no moral guilt over what happens because you didn't choose the default path.

In this case, there seems to be no default path. Since the train has to go left or right, I say don't choose at all. W/e happens was pre determined by the one that set the train in motion.
>>
>>8647831
Plenty of animals knowingly act on their environment. Not choosing is a choice in and of itself, so it has the same weight as choosing.
>>
I'm not reading all that shit it's 4:30 am.
>>
>>8647834
What is wrong with our species?

I mean callously causing suffering in the pursuit of another goal is one thing, but to intentionally cause suffering for the sake of it? Of all the abstract things we could be motivated to do, why do we single in on that?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.