[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

startram.com/startram-technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s.jpg (461KB, 2435x1932px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
461KB, 2435x1932px
Debunk this or dream with me.
Visit the site before posting.
>>
what makes this more efficient than a space elevator? dope idea though.
>>
How does the tube react to the temperature fluctuation?
>>
>>8647177
i love startram
it wont work but i still love it :D
>>
>>8647177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSimYARyL2w&ab_channel=IsaacArthur
>>
>>8647223
Why would you expect it to be affected? The FAQ* says it should survive storms in the upper atmosphere, but it talks about wind speeds, not temperature.

*see http://www.startram.com/resources
>>
>>8647264
Because the materials tend to stretch in higher temperatures.
>>
>>8647177
I'm sorta thinking Musk's is building the hyperloop to develop the technology needed for something like this.

Anyway I think it would be far more useful on bodies without an atmosphere like the moon since you don't need to go as high up.
>>
>>8647273
Good point. I suppose the greatest variation would be in the lengths of the cables, which could possibly be accomodated by making the section on the ground jointed to the elevated section.
I don't know what happens if a tube like that expands though.
>>
>>8647244
Why not?
>>
>>8647177
It has to be HUNDREDS OF KILOMETERS long to safely launch people.
>>
>>8647503
Think: the Moon. There is no atmosphere, so nothing to slow you down. Once you achieve an orbital velocity, you need only a correction at apoapsis to lift the perisapsis off the surface to a safe distance. Or if you achieve escape velocity, you don't care.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.