[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when did you realize all scented products are extremely toxic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

when did you realize all scented products are extremely toxic?
>>
Is there actual research that proves this?

I minimize my use of "scented" products. Only exception is deodorant and cologne. For keeping my room smelling fresh I bought an oil diffuser which works wonders
>>
File: Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg (4MB, 2640x2280px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg
4MB, 2640x2280px
>>8644233
As a toxicologist, you have no fucking idea how fucked up shit is. Synthetic polymers are the devil and will destroy the world from how absolutely terrible they are for the environment around us, let alone us, but they're extremely economical materials so absolutely nobody would ever go against it. fucking idiots.

>>8644263
Here is a small list of what makes up those scents you get in products like in the OP...

>Butylated hydroxytoluene
>Acetaldehyde
>Benzaldehyde
>Butylphenyl methylpropional
>Ethyl acetate
>Limonene
>Methyl pyrrolidone
>Propylene Glycol

...all highly toxic to some system in your body. Now obviously unless you are huffing this stuff chronically, it won't kill you, and the greatest concern is the effects on prenatal humans, but you're not doing your body any favors by being exposed to them. Hell, you have Bisphenol A and Bisphenol S in all of your water bottles too, which disrupts your endocrine systems and mimics estradiol, AKA estrogen. You're basically drinking estrogen every time you drink anything from a typical plastic container, all because of synthetic polymers. These synthetic compounds are also toxic to our environment. I could go on and on about the effects of just these two singular compounds and not touch anything in that list above.
>>
>>8644292
Looked into this when kid came along. Now
>eat organic
>Ecover plant-based cleaning materials
>no air fresheners
>no furniture polish
>BPA free water bottles for the kid
>avoid plastic as much as possible
>no Teflon or Aluminium cooking pans

Also
>won't ever live near traffic fumes
>>
>>8644573
BPA free is simply BPS, practically the same thing.
>>
What about fabric softner sheets that makes your laundry smell good. Is it toxic too? :(
>>
>>8644573
you should look into an underground home, too. sun causes skin cancer.
>>
>>8644836
Yes. It's literally the same thing.
>>
>>8644233
When I matured and the smell started to make my brain feel stupid and unpleasantly stoned.

Did you realize we can measure intelligence by one's sensitivity to toxic odors. Stupid people don't care so they don't notice p, poo or other noxious, disgusting odors. Of course, being dirty on the inside is another reason most people don't smell all the beast p and beast poo on our streets.
>>
the dose makes the poison
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.