[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the black magic of mathematics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1463870160141.png (175KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463870160141.png
175KB, 480x368px
what's the black magic of mathematics?
>>
negative """""""""""""""numbers"""""""""""""
>>
>>8642116
Mathematical Finance.
>>
>>8642116
Anything related to engineering.

Its heresy but its hella useful.
>>
partial differential equations.

all pure mathematicians working on memetopy type theory or the like know that PDE is the most important and rich subjectt but know that they cannot handle it because they lack the raw problem solving ability and they would just be flailing and scratching around in the darkness like weak babies so they cower from the rich and important central subject of PDEs and instead make up nicely categorisable, autism-friendly , niche, meme fields in algebra.
>>
Axiom of choice
>>
>>8642116
Parabolas
>>
>>8642116
Modern algebraic geometry. I don't think anyone knows what the fuck they're talking about anymore.
>>
File: 1484436696858.jpg (10KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
1484436696858.jpg
10KB, 268x188px
>>
>>8642175
who would win in a fight, differential geometry or algebraic geometry?
>>
>>8642116
String theory. Literally pseudo-science.
>>
>>8642116
ZFC Set Theory.

>It is impossible to create a finite first order theory for field theory
>It is possible to define all of field theory within the finite first order theory of ZFC Set Theory

Literally how?
>>
>>8642196
Algebraic geometry, but the algebraic geometers wouldn't understand the concrete concept of conflict, so they wouldn't even understand that they won. In a sense the differential geometers would also win, because facing the dark arts of the algebraic geometers would leave them with new ideas to advance their field.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.