[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads, I will start studying Psychology next month, and I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: mind-blow.png (185KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
mind-blow.png
185KB, 600x400px
Lads, I will start studying Psychology next month, and I would like to ask you, which are is the best? What kind of research should I focus on? (I plan to become a teacher/researcher.)
One subject of my interest are Jungian archetypes, and I was thinking about trying to make a proper link between them and our underdeveloped instincts, but this interest might change once I get in.

[spoiler]Is psychology even a science?[/spoiler]
>>
>>8641842

I fucked up the spoiler tag, kill me pls
>>
do whatever you think looks fun bro :)
>>
Clinical psychology is the best bet. Then you're actually useful and not a lame academic.
>>
>>8641861

I am slightly introverted, but I think I would be able to do this, but in my country we are starting to have to many clinics and it is pretty hard to start from zero. Is US a good place to start up a clinic?
>>
>>8641903
You can become a Professor of Clinical Psychology, and from that start helping people.

The normal route however is to do psychology as a vocation, but there's no reason the other way isn't possible.

The question is whether or not you are more interested in theory or a hands on approach with patients.
>>
>>8641912

I am not too much the talking type but I can fake it I guess. Neuropsychology might get me into hospitals and that would be pretty cool, specially since I want to stay away from governament jobs.
>>
>>8641842
Neuro - do as much FMRI as you can.
>>
>>8641842
>Is psychology even a science?

Jungian psychology certainly isn't.
>>
>>8641842
start believing in Determinism. Psychology exists to figure out what part influences and current stimuli create the rights and behaviors of the now
Free Will is directly counter to that. There is no free will, no choices, only reactions
>>
>>8642965
what is determinism in easy words? wikipedia doesnt help
>>
>>8643039
the idea that we do not make choices but every action is a result of all our past experiences (did, saw, heard, etc) reacting to current situations

meaning if a computer knew everything we ever put in our brains in our lifetime , the exact order they occured in, and everything going on around us at the moment. it could accurately predict every action we would take.
Psychology is the reverse of that. taking the action and picking it apart to find the past and present causes
>>
>>8643079
so if determinism exists, we can predict the future, but all futorologist say that you can change the future by doing some completely new which is possible in their opinion. so in a way determinsm is real but it can be broken if done strong big spontatneus decisions, but if those decisions where determend too?? endless cycle if you ask me then...
>>
>>8641842
>I will start studying Psychology next month
You already fucked up
>>
>>8642965
I am more of a compatibilist desu

>>8642944
Dream job

>>8642952

What do you suggest?

>>8643096

FUG DD:::D:
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.