[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Fly Into Space With Low Budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 10_22_2013_world-view1.jpg (225KB, 1106x699px) Image search: [Google]
10_22_2013_world-view1.jpg
225KB, 1106x699px
What would be cheap way to get yourself out there as high as possible? Is it reasonable to use high altitude balloon (or balloons) to lift a man (or anything up to 80 kg)?
>>
>>8639929
It really depends how long you plan on staying up there. High altitude ballooning, as you said, then jumping and parachuting down would work, a bunch of redbull fags do it all the time.
>>
>>8639929
Just jump really high.
>>
File: Vdc6dfE[1].jpg (71KB, 546x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Vdc6dfE[1].jpg
71KB, 546x1600px
>>8639929
step one : be a frog
>>
>>8639929
"Rockoon"

Is the only viable method to do an ultra cheap space launch. The balloons will get you to about 23miles/37km, though the record is 32.9miles/53km. That's compatible to the first stage of some smaller fast rockets that use ballistic second stage. You'd really want 65km to 75km for a non-ballistic second stage. However, a balloon won't go that high.

It would still cost a shit load of money. Balloons alone will not get you into actual space.
>>
>>8639953
did you use archimides force to calculate the height?
>>
>>8639929
Giant Sling shot and a monkey
>>
>>8639950
God speed froggo http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/nasa-rocket-launch-accidentally-lifts-frog-space/story?id=20237426
>>
>>8639929
If you just want to send something into space, but not orbit, a sounding rocket is the way to go.

If you want to send something into orbit on your own, you are shit outta luck
>>
do you want to reach an altitude? or achieve orbit at an altitude?
>>
File: twoballoonrockoon.jpg (9KB, 267x489px) Image search: [Google]
twoballoonrockoon.jpg
9KB, 267x489px
>>8640407
I didn't calculate anything. That's just standard wikifare.
>>
Jump like you are flipping so your back is facing the ground while in the air, you will fall forward into space. Just make sure you do it during the day in case you hit the moon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.