[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intro to chemistry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey guys ! I've seen all of the periodic table of videos and I really think I have a passion about it. Do you have any .pdf or websites to recomend me to get started ?

>Shared pic to make you cackle like I did at least
>>
>>8639084
Any college General Chemistry I book will introduce you to a huge swathe of information. General chemistry II is largely about more mathematical portions of chemistry including titrations, acid numbers and a slew of other acid/base topics.

Next you'll want to delve into Organic Chemistry, but if you aren't interested don't go onto Organic chemistry II because its going to suck ass as it gets thicker and thicker with reactions, mechanisms and so forth. You might learn about NMR here but thats more analytical than not, there is little math in Orgo.

Inorganic after that is a lot of metal chemistry, crystal field theory, ligand theory and tons of other stuff
>>
http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=34EDB7D1B5D02FB6AC53A6939A335756

It's thick with information and my guess is you're probably going to start and give up. However, if you want to start learning, this is the way to go.
>>
>>8639084
Crash Course Chemistry on Youtube. Binge watch it, to get a 10,000-foot perspective of what kind of topics and concepts are part of Chemistry.

Next step: Khan Academy. Go to khanacademy.com, and proceed through the Chemistry lessons with exercises.

Third step: Get a college-level chem textbook from Library Genesis. The /sci/ wikia page will give recommended textbooks. Review what you know, study what you don't. Do as many of the exercises as you can.

You may have noticed that I'm telling you to learn the same shit three times. That's exactly what I'm telling you. Repetition and review make the knowledge permanent. That's the difference between being informed and being educated.

Good luck to you, mutherfucker. You won't take this advice, but you still deserve the best.
>>
Here's the wiki's list of recommended chemistry books

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
Oh, and look up ocw.mit.edu and follow the lecture videos for their chemistry class. Pretty good free resource.
>>
>>8639353
Studying Chem now and this is exactly what I supplemented part of my study with while studying it at uni. Except for Crash Course Chemistry. Couldn't watch past the first 5 or 6 episodes, too cringey
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.