[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one get on "Godels" level of mathematics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 4565.jpg (12KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
4565.jpg
12KB, 200x240px
He was an expert in mathematics not only in logic. How does one git good like Godel? Most undergraduate programs don't even teach logic outside of basic "intro to proofs". The logic taught in those courses will get you no where close to the serious mathematical logic research Godel was into.

Plus Godel wasn't just a mathematical logician. He was supreme in general. How does one become a solid mathematician like him? I feel like most mathematicians alive today aren't nearly as smart as he was.

Same applies for Turing. He was apparently working in other areas of math like Lie Algebra
>>
>>8639014
If you have to ask you never will.
>>
>>8639014
>master of logic
>dies because he eats his own shit because he thinks his food is poisoned
choose one
>>
File: 1484444234783.png (248KB, 556x344px) Image search: [Google]
1484444234783.png
248KB, 556x344px
>>8639056
Implying his food wasn't poisoned
>>
>>8639056
https://youtu.be/Zgk8UdV7GQ0?t=2m3s
>>
>>8639072
http://philosophy.hku.hk/think/fallacy/ic.php
>>
I guess get into a decent masters/phd program specializing in mathematics/formal logic/etc. and soon you'll be proving proofs
>>
>>8639072
Stop posting this video you faggot
>>
>>8639056
OCD don't make you dumber, just make you anxious as fuck.
>>
>>8639014
Wasn't Godel the creep that liked fucking 13 year old girls?
>>
File: S.png (41KB, 968x224px) Image search: [Google]
S.png
41KB, 968x224px
>>8639656

No, that was Schrodinger
>>
>>8639014
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics#Set_Theory.2C_Mathematical_Logic.2C_and_MetaMathematics
http://www.logicmatters.net/tyl/
>>
>>8639670
Wow. That's all I can say
>>
>>8639670
Literally one of us
>>
Read
Be positive
Work at it, often
Build off of your material
Practice, Assemble, Publish, Repeat
>>
>>8639670
Kinda based, too bad he was an aborting degenerate.
>>
>>8639014
Spend less time here
>>
>>8639117
Not sure what you're trying to say there Mr. Master 'bater. I just posted the video because the claim that Godel died eating his own shit made me think of Mac saying Newton died eating mercury.
>>
>>8639670
He had fine taste. A true gentleman.
>>
Give me recommendation on books for it /sci/. I will find two hours every day just to learn logic for a year. Please give me a lot of books.
>>
if you're entertained by 4chan, God tier probably isn't for you.
>>
>>8641728
>Give me recommendation on books for it /sci/.
>>8641728
This isn't the best attitude.
>>
>>8639670
>letting other men fuck your wife

unacceptable cuckery. even if you don't give a shit about your wife it till makes you look like a cuck and is an unnacceptable stain on his honor. makes him look like a bitch
>>
>>8639670

What is with mathematicians and pedophilia?
>>
>>8641959
that's a physicists
>>
>>8641949
>letting other men fuck your wife
AND
>getting to fuck other women

I wouldn't do that but I can easily understand why some couples would

Besides Schrödinger was a genius
He doesn't need society to tell him what to do, think, and how to enjoy life and love
>>
>>8641949
Like you do understand the major reason why you think monogamy is the best and only option is because your society indoctrinated you to think that
>>
>>8639014
Study a shit ton and always study stuff that's a bit above your level.
>>
>>8640789

> Read

Not enough.

> Be positive

Gay

> Work at it, often

Not enough

> Build off of your material

Counterproductive if you're a fucking brainlet

> Practice, Assemble, Publish, Repeat

You'll just publish useless shit in a shitty journal
>>
godels proof is literally basic arithmetics, like i'm not even sure if you'd need that intro to proofs to get to his levels
>>
Why don't these so called "mathematicians" ever use their skills to make it big on the stock market?
>>
>>8642641
because market is unpredictable and running a fund is basically scamming people.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.