[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can a human break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ıjık.jpg (3KB, 136x225px) Image search: [Google]
ıjık.jpg
3KB, 136x225px
I have a simple question, can a human break a light bulb only with hands and if a human could, tell me how to calculate the force that you need to break it.
>>
>>8638473
Find a lightbulb
Squeeze it
>>
No that's impossible
No mere mortal could break an incredibly thin piece of glass with their hands
>>
>>8638476
will do
>>
>>8638478
not the answer i was looking for
>>
>>8638473
approximate with a glass-ball for simplicity, assume you apply pressure from two sides (now defined as the "poles"), assume it will break because of bending stresses in the "equator" region, calculate the max increase in curvature on the equator that glass can handle (this would propably be the difficult part), then you'll know how far you can deflect the "pole" regions, and you'd have to find an equation for an elastic ball spring somewhere, input glass material variables, and that would give the force you'd have to use to achieve that deflection.

That would be in no way accurate, because glass is a shitty material to predict.
>>
>>8638563
thanks mate
>>
>>8638587
This is a rough approximation, and misses a lot of detail shit, like the equator getting stretched, not just bent, and possible higher compound stresses in other places, shear forces, plus an inhomogeneity factor for glass that would be like 0.2 or something due to microcracks or some shit.

To have anything reliable you'd have to test this a lot, or rely on other people having made the tests. The usual equations are not made to handle this case.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.