[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the foreseeable trans-humanist developments to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: john-isaacs-2.jpg (66KB, 580x450px) Image search: [Google]
john-isaacs-2.jpg
66KB, 580x450px
What are the foreseeable trans-humanist developments to take place over the next century?

Is it worth worrying about politics if in a few decades a new frontier of technology and medicine will supersede the confines of the current human condition? Or will we plateau for a while and have to keep the current human colony systems afloat until we make it to the necessary breakthroughs? That, or work through incremental changes that gradually transform society?
>>
>>8637678
First all diseases carried with genes will be eradicated - ref. CRISPS/Cas9
Brain research will continue and some will do questionable experiments and "fill in" some of the cortex "grooves" to emulate Einstein's brain which had added matter where others have a groove.
next will be electronic interfacing to the brain. See "Altered Carbon" and "project Soul Catcher".
Hearing will be augmented to suppress noise better and to extend hearing range to ultrasonic frequencies
Vision will be improved to extend into near IR and into UV while protecting the retina.
"Mistakes" in human anatomy will be corrected like the positioning of the prostate gland etc.

CRISPS/Cas9 will be a cornerstone in much of this.
>>
>>8637757
>extend hearing range to ultrasonic frequencies
What a shit idea
you'd constantly be aware of small electrical transformers constantly buzzing
>>
>>8637936
>small electrical transformers constantly buzzing
Beyond 20 KHz??

Most transformers are at 50 or 60 Hz, location dependent. Some are at 400 Hz. CRT sweep frequency transformers are already audible and not a problem.

I tested my niece and she can easily hear 23KHz and she has no problems with this.

I used to have high frequency hearing but that is now gone. I still have advanced autism grade hearing and I am constantly aware of most things happening on the same floor as where I work. A colleague cold clearly hear even beyond that and that was just past the limit: he had to use cotton or ear defenders constantly.

You really get to appreciate good hearing when you are out doors. I get to see a lot more wildlife than most others.
>>
>>8637757
>>8637936
>extend hearing range to ultrasonic frequencies
Cant we already do this with cochlear implants ?
I mean, as they bypass the eardrum to directly stimulate the auditory nerves, you can feed them any electrical signals, even those from an ultrasonic microphone
>>
>>8638000
I'm talking cell phone chargers, and perhaps more devices that I'm currently unaware of (because I can't hear them)

I don't have detailed knowledge of what frequencies of sound these things emit, but I know that I can hear them. And on the off-chance that what I hear is just the sub-harmonic of some higher frequency noise, extending the range of human hearing would only make such sounds more audible, and therefore more annoying
>>
>>8638011
Also, I found this gem in the wikipedia article :

>There is controversy around the devices; much of the strongest objection to cochlear implants has come from the Deaf community. For some in the deaf community, cochlear implants are an affront to their culture, which as they view it, is a minority threatened by the hearing majority.

What the fuck
>>
File: 1472779095425.jpg (71KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1472779095425.jpg
71KB, 540x359px
>>8638021
people are stupid and should be purged
>>
>>8637678

Transhumanism is already happening, it's not a political issue because the vast majority of transhumans are old people on medicare. The two most obvious examples are diabletic pumps and pacemakers. It'll always happen in the background because talking about your health isn't a thing you do in polite company.

The inflection point will be when organs can be cloned, because that's when people can straight up destroy their bodies (especially with sugar and alcohol) and simply buy new organs when their current ones start dying. This is also the closest cure to cancer we'll probably ever get. Lifetimes will increase (perhaps to 100) which is a problem for medicare and social security, but most people won't be thinking about that ever.
>>
>>8638011
In theory this is possible by mixing down the frequency, similar to how you mix radio signals.

>>8638021
>this gem
Yes, it is a situation in many countries.

>>8638019
You could check using the microphone on your cell phone. I used Frequensee to check and I could detect acoustic detectors used for automatic doors. This and others will give you a real time audio spectrum.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.