[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys actually read the textbooks for your class or do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1485103633011.jpg (66KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485103633011.jpg
66KB, 900x600px
Do you guys actually read the textbooks for your class or do you just look at the supplementary materials the professor gives out

Whats your strategy
>>
I only read the textbooks for my humanities classes

For science/math i just do the questions at the end of the textbook. Screw all that unnecessary reading.
>>
>>8637370
i typically only read math and physics books. most of the engineering books were dogshit so i didn't bother.
>>
>humanities class
>history of law

>there are two main philosophies of law but some other important philosophies of law to consider are Eco-Feminist and Critical Theory of Justice

i cant make this fucking shit up
>>
Textbooks. The material they give is unreadable. Nobody even peer reviews them. Books=good.
>>
>>8637370
>Do you guys actually read the textbooks for your class

Yeah, I usually read from the book to stay a few lectures ahead of the teacher. That way I can ask the professor for clarification when he actually gets to it in the lecture, or visit him in the office.
>>
>>8637370
Read the textbook without trying to understand every single detail. Go to the lecture to fill in the holes.
>>
>>8637441
>go to lecture
>prof never talks about whats in the textbooks, EVER
>>
>>8637370
Skim to win.

I read most of the pages when I don't get enough from the lecture, or if a section was skimmed over quick in class for whatever reason.

Or worst case scenario, the teacher is shite and dosent give a shit and just blankly says 'this is in the book so we won't talk about it.'
>>
>>8637370
I'm just here for the bee pic
Any1 here got any good bee/science/anime/nazi OC to share?
>>
>>8637370
>Do you guys actually read the textbooks for your class or do you just look at the supplementary materials the professor gives out

do you want to learn shit or do you just want to pass exams ?
>>
>>8637370
Supplementary materials here are top notch so I just read them.
>>
>>8637452
But how do you know you didn't get everything? What about the unknown unknowns
>>
>>8637370
It really depends on the professor,
What any smart guy would do is find test questions from previous generation and compare it with the material in the textbook.
If it matches than its all fine and I go with the textbook only.
>>
>>8637370
i use google.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.