[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there psychological ways to reduce anger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: medivh.jpg (7KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
medivh.jpg
7KB, 185x185px
I often find myself feeling frustrated and angry and I really do want to find a way to reduce how much anger I have because I want to be calm.
Help me out /sci/bros
>>
meditate
>>
You need to learn how to organize your perspective, understand that anger is just a certain kind energy running through your conciousness, you are not it, distance yourself from it, understand what exactly is it inside of you that gets angry and why, direct your awareness to reason, to calmness, meditate, and then approach your life in a state of mind that's appropriate to the situation at hand,not out of excessive ego and anger,but by a longing to instill true goodness and utilizing it.

I recomend reading Aristotle’s nico ethics, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, and Aldous Huxley's Eyeless In Gaza for a good start
>>
stop play 20 years old games like WC3, get a gf, then you'd be happy
>>
Like that anon said, meditate. It gives an internal resistance to anger and has the side effect of making your life incredibly awesome.
But this is not a weekend project, it's an individual journey. good luck if you wish to embark
>>
Take six valiums and a glass of scotch.
>>
find out what desires are causing you to be angry and eliminate them. all fear is desire. anger is most often a form of fear. but not all anger is fear. if you have to choose between fear or anger, then just choose anger. but seriously, find the desires causing anger and eliminate them one by one. as you gain more will power through this process you will be able to see even more desires that cause fear and anger. so you can eliminate them as well. when all desire is gone you will have no fear and you will be able to see all truth about yourself. know yourself and know the universe. take that literally.

science is a delusion. the scientific method is a ritual. there is no ritual that will show you the truth. only your morality determines what truths you can see. your perception of reality is only as true as your perception of yourself. see yourself objectively, without desire, and you will see the objective reality. the one with desire cannot be objective about anything. the myth of scientific objectivity is one of the great delusions of "enlightenment and civilization". only the one without desire can see the objective reality. everyone has subjective observations. science is bullshit. it is not evidence based, it is hypothesis based.
>>
>>8636416
Easiest way to solve the problem is an anger valve. Do a martial art, split wood regularly, go running.

Alternatively remove the cause of your anger. That would require therapy to pinpoint it exactly.

Last but not least option is adopting a better mind set like stoicism, which would enable you to be indifferent about things that might enrage you otherwise. But that is a quite drastic step, it might change who you are, so be aware of that.
>>
>>8636494
therapy is for medical problem. anger is not a medical problem and talk therapy is not therapy. psychiatry is a fraud. do not send him to some psych who will at best charge him a lot of money for nothing and at worst give him poisonous pills in the name of medicine.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.