[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worthless humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: End-Result-Clear-Block-of-Ice.jpg (116KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
End-Result-Clear-Block-of-Ice.jpg
116KB, 300x400px
if you were frozen right now. would you be worth resurrection in 1000 years? Why?
>>
I doubt my people would even exist in 1000 years, so I'd be worth quite a bit for geneticists of the future.
>>
>>8636292
you mean like we would like to DNA fingerprint Aztecs and jingles khan? or Dinosaurs?

but isn't it enough if you just store your DNA right now on a long lasting media?

where is the worth other than DNA?
>>
>>8636298
That's all anyone currently living would be worth in a society that's has a 1000 year difference of technological progress.
>>
>>8636308
are you sure? what about contemporary witnesses ? i know we can't sat that trump will or will not cause a nuclear war right now...

what about having a perspective on the thoughts of people from 1000 years ago?

what about now?
do we know how kings thought or felt?
do we know how pawns thought or felt?
>>
>>8636320
Assuming the internet doesn't go anywhere and they've got 1000 year old videos still sitting on servers somewhere, they could get all the opinions and perspectives they want. Sure it's still a secondary source but say for example they ask me what I think of trump, there's going to be plenty of material that says more or less what I say. And there will be plenty of material for opposing opinions and neutral opinions.

They only thing of value I could give that they can't get from secondary sources is my opinion of the current society and how it compares to the one I came from. I guess that would make a nice little footnote in some future anthropology textbook.
>>
>>8636335
second attempt: i am still not sure about this... nice though experiment: you wake up in a north korea (windows) 10.0... would anything you say be deemed treacherous? would some people want to know/learn your/the truth?

this is getting more complicated the longer i (OP) think about it...
>>
Why do we have to be "worth" existing? Isn't that just your animal tribalist social-hierarchy-oriented nature talking? This is a highly unscientific unintelligent primitive mindset.
>>
>>8636353
we don't. this is actually more about desire than about science. you are 100% correct in your assumption is that we are worthless in the end...every bit of worth will be used by society right when we live... it's unfortunately an unscientific thought experiment to calm my own desire of being alive.
>>
>>8636347
>would anything you say be deemed treacherous?
"South Korea is way better"

>would some people want to know/learn your/the truth?
I've never met a North Korean but I hear they're pretty brainwashed and I'm not even Asian so they'd probably reject everything my foreign mouth says.
>>
>>8636285
the only relevance a human from 1000ad would be to tell us of the history, culture etc.

and that onli becowse sey ditnt keep written records back then.
presumably 1000 years from now they will have a reasonable amount of information of everything of historical interest

tl;dr nobody from this time is worth anything to the future
>>
I doubt worth will matter in 1000 years, because either we'll be all dead or humanity will be in a post-worth period
>>
>>8636285
Yes because in the future it will cost 0.0000000001 cents to resurrect people and I am worth about 0.0000001 cents
>>
>>8637202
BR Ratio of 1
Welcome to Humanity.
Hello, my name is Simon.

Please note however that cryogenics is not required because biological immortality is achievable.
>>
My resurrection is stipulated and financially provided for in my will.
>>
>>8637209
Hello my name is shitposter. Biological immortality does not work today.
>>
>>8637232
True. But the current technological availability of cryogenics &| life extension is equidistant from this point in time.

You could invent nanomachines to repair damaged cells faster than creating cryogenics.
>>
>>8637240
Cryogenics have existed for a long time now. we can put people in, we just can't get them out
>>
>>8636285
No. Because i have no ambition
>>
>>8636285
>1000 years
None of us would be of use.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.