[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulated Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: I8TlUp.gif (931KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
I8TlUp.gif
931KB, 400x267px
Do you believe in the theory that we live in a simulated reality?
>>
I believe that it's a theory.
>>
>>8634351
I do not know, sometimes I think it's true
>>
if that were the case we wouldn't be able to obtain evidence form the fake reality to prove it.
>>
>>8634341
> autistic 4-dimensional creatures running simulation
> "Nah! It's just a computer program! They don't have consciousness."
> proceeds to cause centuries worth of pain and suffering
>>
>>8634341
why should we give a shit?

even if you could prove it, it's not like we could get out
>>
>>8634341
I believe in the theory that anything that we can imagine does, in fact, exist. There really some aspect of reality where a perfect circle exists. Otherwise we would not have been able to imagine one.
>>
>>8634484
I can imagine heat spontaneously transferring from a cold reservoir to a hot reservoir but that ain't gonna happen.
>>
Are you aiming towards the Mandela Effect thory here?
>>
>>8634341
yes
>>
File: platon.jpg (7KB, 172x230px) Image search: [Google]
platon.jpg
7KB, 172x230px
>>8634484
μαύρο μου
>>
File: Free-Your-Mind.jpg (8KB, 320x134px) Image search: [Google]
Free-Your-Mind.jpg
8KB, 320x134px
>>8634473
What if we could?
>>
>>8634341
Your mind creates a persistent experience that is a simulation of reality controlled by both your senses and past experiences.

Your senses actually perceive the real world which is not a simulation. Just be aware those senses are fuzzy logic which is why people are so fucked up.
>>
>>8634341
In the 1600s people compared the universe to a clock, because of all the orbits and classical ordered motion in the orbits of planets.

Whatever technology is newest will garner this comparison. Human hubris. yes, the universe may share some similarities with clocks, and may one day be found to share some similarities with computer simulations. But in the end, it is itself, something completely different.
>>
File: thirteenth floor.jpg (808KB, 987x1098px) Image search: [Google]
thirteenth floor.jpg
808KB, 987x1098px
I do, and i think the programers made it flawed on purpose so we couldn't prove it or think about it too much.
Most people don't know about this theory and probably will live their entire life without questioning their reality in this way.
>>
>>8634341
No, there'd be tons of "shortcuts" in reality... unless the programmers were really good at not doing that.
>>
>>8634341
Transcendental Numbers
The theory was invalidated some time back.
The real question is why are the edges of reality so "fuzzy", and why shit starts to break down on the sub atomic scale.
>>
>>8639550
Its a popsci theory though, its literally a meme.
And a dangerous one, people are already trying to use it to excuse away violent and aggressive behaviors.
>>
>>8634341
Sure it sorta might be possible, but even if so isn't it pointless to ask? Wouldn't matter either way and it's a bit of a convoluted idea
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.