[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Homebrew Regenerative Medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: methbreath.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
methbreath.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
I'm only 20 years old and I have holes in my teeth, /sci/.

I haven't been doing a whole lot of drugs, it's mostly just been a decade or so of depression and apathy that caught up with me. I would be too depressed to eat more than a meal a day and things like brushing my teeth and other basic hygiene were hardly on my mind.

Obviously having holes in my teeth isn't ideal so I'd like to try to regenerate them on my own if it's at all possible. So far I've been researching things like the use of concentrated growth factor, stem cells embedded in three dimensional scaffolding, low intensity pulse ultrasound (LIPUS), laser regeneration, electric current regeneration, and all the various supplements and vitamins and all natural diets and all the anecdotal claims of this or that extreme diet change and so on.

I'd like to put together a treatment plan for myself that will work towards the restoration of the dentin and the enamel I've lost to tooth decay and to the drill and fill treatments I've already had. I've had two filling fall out so there's two large cavities as well as smaller ones that haven't been "drill 'n filled" yet. I'm assuming that even if there is merit in the potential of these treatments that I'd only be able to produce limited results being a hobbyist. So in an attempt to increase chances of getting results quickly I'm going to do a combination of these things

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of techniques and treatments used to regenerate teeth? Particularly regenerating the dentin and the enamel of existing, living teeth with cavities. If so, which ones are most promising and do you think it's possible for those techniques to be performed in a homebrew environment?
>>
>>8633729
>cont.

I'm at the point where I'm willing to stick needles in myself and draw my own blood on the daily to concentrate growth factor or learn how to isolate and multiply my own stem cells for a therapy of my own conception involving application with a turkey baster. If I can get some nudges in the right direction it would save me a lot of time and money and blood and I'd appreciate it greatly.

>tl;dr
My teeth is all fucked up and now I'm looking at buying a centrifuge so I can making stimpaks out of my blood. Does anyone know of ways I can regenerate my teeth so I don't have to get them drill 'n filled again?

Obviously I'm taking care of my teeth like an obsessed little autistic boy now but I want to reverse the damage done if possible.
>>
>>8633729
Dentist here.
One don't be fucking stupid.
Second go to mexico,prices for dental treatment are 1/3 or less than the ones in US and the quality of work is same.

Unless you are 13yo gypsy girl with the survival genes of a bear you wont grow secondary dentine no matter what you try.
Ive seen shit you would not believe,save time,money and brain cells.
>>
>A rounded carbide burr FG 1/4 coupled to a high speed hand piece was used to access the dentine of the mouse superior molar teeth. Once the burr cut exposed the dentine, a 30G needle was used to penetrate the pulp. In order to protect the pulp from external contamination and stimulate dentine repair, the injury was capped either with ProRoot Mineral Trioxide Aggregate (MTA) (Maillfer Dentsply), or Kolspon (Fish Collage Type 1- Eucare Ltd) alone, or in association with 50nM BIO (SIGMA), 5μM CHIR99021 (SIGMA), or 50nM Tideglusib (SIGMA) dissolved and diluted in DMSO, in contact with the pulp. A layer of 3M Ketac-Cem Radiopaque was used as a capping material to seal the injured site.

Find someone crazy enough to do this with lithium (a more common and less expensive gsk3 inhibitor) and post results
>>
>>8633939
Find a chemical supplier that sells Tideglusib and buy some. Buy some Kolspon (a collagen sponge). Soak the sponge in Tideglusib. Use a drill and drill into the cavity until you reach the pulp. Insert the sponge into the cavity. Seal it up with some glass ionomer cement (buy some from your dentist).

Best of luck. Post results on line.

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep39654
>>
Is there no one here who has even the slightest interest in regenerative medicine? I realize that I'm a retard and that I'll never be able to replicate the results that scientists have had in animal models and in vitro, but the topic is interesting at the very least.

It seems like they've had a lot of success using 3d scaffolding embedded with stem cells and that much of the complication comes from maintaining a clean site and preventing the pulp from becoming infected while the stem cells produce more dentin and seal off the pulp. Supposing you can keep the pulp from getting infected before the dentin fully develops there's still the issues of developing enamel. Apparently though scientists have had success getting adult teeth to produce enamel using a protein that stimulates enamel production, but I remember reading somewhere that the enamel made this way is slightly weaker than enamel made when teeth are first generated.

They've had plenty of success on rats and there's even a few clinical trials that have been pending approval for years are finally starting up. But much of the wait is due to red tape and FDA approval. I honestly hope a country like China or Pakistan perfects this technique soon while we're busy dealing with PETA's concern for lab rats and FDA lethargy.

>>8633758
>you wont grow secondary dentine no matter what you try
I'm not looking for a practical, rational answer to what I should do for cavities. I want to know what it's possible to do as a human guinea pig.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022034515601658
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijd/2012/856470/
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022034510370803
http://www.uthscsa.edu/research/dental/clinical-trial-qualifications-regeneration-pulp-dentin

>>8633939
>>8634237
Much closer to what I'm looking for and I may make an attempt at this when everything else fails. However I'm really very interested in mostly untested regenerative medicine.
>>
Teeth don't grow like skin does. It's not tissue.
>>
>>8634853
Then where do teeth come from? Are teeth that which always has been and always will be? Indestructible, eternal chunks of mineral that have always existed and will never cease to exist?

Or are they organs composed of a mostly non-living matrix of minerals that are produced by cells in our bodies? I do have a weakness for fantasy and for religious explanations, however I choose to believe that teeth are in fact not magical nor are they supernatural and that they abide by the same basic laws and principles of science as the rest of the material world does.

The idea that there is something unique and perhaps even mystical about what biology does when it is first generating tissue sounds very anti-science. I don't see any reason why the human body can't do the same thing twice. Especially given that it's already been tested successfully.

I don't see why dentistry should be a religion. It seems impossible to talk about experimental and theoretical dentistry without a dogmatic dentist saying that anything other than drilling and filling is pure heresy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a hard-limit cap to our ability to understand biology, and if so have we reached it?
>>
ill add this but i dunno. i tried this, tell you, it gets your teeth clean. i mean real clean. and i guess thats a start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J2vEIpqy90
>>
>>8634882
What I'm saying is that you can't just rub stem cells against a tooth and hope for the best.

The final product of the tooth is nothing like the building blocks used to create it.
>>
Shut up, op, and take your ass to the dentist. If you can't afford one, go to your local university or community college and get free work in exchange for letting students work on you. They'll do this at a dental school or the local hygienist program at a CC.

You won't fix your teeth yourself. Leave it to the professionals
>>
>>8633729

you'll be fine. they came up with an alzheimer treatment drug that has the (fucking awesome???????) side effect of causing people to grow fresh teeth, they're just going through the FDA nonsense.

>t. biologist
>>
>>8635258
If tweakers can find a way to make meth in a water bottle I'll surely be able to get my hands on large quantities of this drug. Thanks for the info.
>>
File: 1483754300593.jpg (26KB, 564x490px) Image search: [Google]
1483754300593.jpg
26KB, 564x490px
>>8635318
You are the dumbest person to grace this dumb board.
>>
File: misc9087.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
misc9087.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>8633729
>I'd like to regenerate my teeth because of some holes
What holes are we talking? Gaping rotten holes that require the removal of the teeth, or just small ones the dentist sees when you go for a checkup and can be easily fixed with fillings? If the former, you're an idiot for postponing this for so long and need prosthetics. If the latter, just get the fillings and get it over with.

Either way, stem cell shit or whatever bullshit you cook up is not going to work.
>>
>>8633729
pollyfilla
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.