[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't taken pre-calc in 3 years and have my calc pretest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: o no.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
o no.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I haven't taken pre-calc in 3 years and have my calc pretest tomorrow morning.

I actually don't even remember how to do the algebra on this review....

Please help me.
>>
Begin studying two weeks ago.

I won't wish you better luck next time, since there is not a bit of luck involved.
>>
>>8631864

I won't make excuses. What do I do now?
>>
>>8631851
An hero yourself.
>>
It's asking you to find exact values for the trig functions on the first part. Lookup your trig identities and get your unit circle or table of trig values out (table is easier).

For "solve for x" move all nontrig to the opposing side, divide by the constant (number) on the trig function, and then take the inverse of each side. For sin, this would be inverse sin or sin^-1. Sin^-1(sinx) = x which allows you to solve for x.

You're probably kind of fucked cuz trig takes awhile to get used to, despite being relatively simple, but it never hurts to try.
>>
>>8631869
Learn trig identities, double angles, compound angles, radians and interval/ interval notation.

Functions are extremely easy for pre-calc, just know end behavior, function characteristics (ie are you looking at a polynomial, rational or root, etc etc) zeroes and y intercept for graphing.

trig is the hardest part of pre-calc. You have ~12 hours to basically memorize all of trig. So... Good luck?
>>
>>8631851
score adderall and youtube video
>>
>>8631851
It's been 8 years since I took precalculus and I can answer all those questions. Apply yourself.
>>
>>8631851
use a calculator, idiot
>>
>>8632134
how to do the numbers 10 and 12?
>>
>>8631851
Hot tips:

Cosine is even, so

cos(-x) = cos(x)

Sine is odd, so

sin(-x) = -sin(x)
>>
File: Capture.png (136KB, 524x232px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
136KB, 524x232px
>>8632170
SOH CAH TOA
>>
fuck you, study next time.
>>
seriously, rote learning trig? disgusting, seems like they don't care about you actually learning the material and just want you to spit out numbers
>>
>>8632298
rote learning being bad is a meme

>b-but students are bored, we have to entertain them!!

meanwhile asians keep taking over
>>
>>8631851
Not your personal tutor faggot
>>
>>8632307
Chinese and Indians are only taking over standardised tests. Ask them actual math in a format that is not multiple choice, and they'll say they didn't "learn the formula for that" yet. They are no better than Americans. Europe is superior.
>>
>>8632338
How does one delude themselves into thinking this
>>
>>8633723
It's true.
>>
>>8632285
Some Old Hippy Caught Another Hippy Tripping On Acid
>>
>>8633723
Born in europe, been to china to study (wtf, never again, 3wrld shithole), could name the university n shit but who cares, cuz I dont.
The chinese students dont even know what "Christmas is" because they are stuck in memorizing shit they'll never use and THEY ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW IT.
Fascinating right?
Its the same everywhere, stupid ppl will always be stupid.
The educational system wont help.
To sum it up, I left china after 2 months cuz i found the school really boring. I was one of the best students in the class btw.
>>
don't feel bad, i'm in calculus 3 and i don't remember any of that
>>
>>8632307
yea because they are cheaters. i've witnessed it in my exams.
>>
Fill your TI-84 with formulas and whatever other notes you need and profit? Instructors are so worried about CAS that your stored notes have a very good chance.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.