[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Info on the process of Neurons and Muscle Fibers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: contracting muscles.jpg (271KB, 1207x1072px) Image search: [Google]
contracting muscles.jpg
271KB, 1207x1072px
I missed a test in my Human Anatomy class yesterday due to sickness, and the rest of my class had a 70% average. If anyone can explain the processes that involve Myosin, Actin, Troponin, Tropomyosin, etc that would be a great help. Any info on K and Na pumps in the Neuron for action potential would be great too. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>8630106

Woah. I have that book on my bookshelf from undergrad a few years ago.

"The arrangement of thick myosin and thin actin filaments in the relaxed state is shown in the top diagram. In the presence of ATP and Ca2+, the myosin heads extending from the thick filaments walk toward the (+) ends of the thin filaments. Because the thin filaments are anchored at the Z disks (purple), movement of myosin pulls the actin filaments toward the center of the sarcomere, shortening its length in the contracted state, as shown in the bottom diagram."

Hopes that helps. kekekek.
>>
>>8630134
It does, thanks man, the only reason i lack some confidence for this is because i bombed when we went over vocabulary.
>>
>>8630139

Yeah, you are bringing back many memories of 6+ hour cram sessions. Good luck!
>>
>>8630139
>not using flash cards
Dude, vocabulary is the only thing flashcards are best for in my opinion.
>>
>>8630213
Just adding to >>8630134 IIRC, the presence of Ca2+ free the binding site for myosin on the actin filament, which then walks along the actin due to the alternating presence of ATP and ADP. The action is stopped when ion pumps are used to exchange Ca for Na/K, causing the binding sites to be blocked again. Did this in passing last year. Bio vocab is a pain

Good luck with the test
>>
>>8630106
anatomy prof here: try reading textbook
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.