[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get salicylic acid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: salicylic-acid.png (2KB, 191x216px) Image search: [Google]
salicylic-acid.png
2KB, 191x216px
Folks, I need help. I want to get a lil' bit of salicylic acid.
There are two options: Hydrolysis of aspirin, or extraction from this medication to treat warts I got.
The medication is a liquid mixture of lactic acid, salicylic acid and flexible collodion.
When I pour this medication in a glass of water, it forms this white thing. I think that's the collodion. How do I get the SA out?
>>
there are plenty of face washing products that have salicylic acid in them.
>>
>>8624755
but that's too little
>>
>>8624736
You can buy pure SA
>>
>>8624784
this

you absolutard
>>
>>8624736
Considering that lactic and salicylic have very similar properties I don't think you can do it with household equipment.
In fact the only way I can think on the spot is basic hydrolysis of aspirin then separation with ion exchange LC with acidic solution as mobile phase.
Possibly there may be more extravagant solutions like using lipase in synthesis with a fatty acid as nucleophile, assuming we can use aspirin as a substrate.
>>
>>8624736
Extract it from trees in genus Salix, willows.
>>
>>8625963
Well, I should have made it clear. I don't mind getting a bit of lactic acid on my end product. I just want to get it out of the damn thing.

>>8626100
I don't have these.
>>
>>8624736
you can literally buy it online
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWI05F2
>>
Flexible colloidon sounds cool, maybe you can aggregate it by messing with the pH or temperature, careful though as both sa and lactic acid will change solubility. Maybe put it in a vat of water, get it to aggregate, and scoop it from the top like rendering fat
Once you get it down to crystals of lactic acid and salicylic acid I'd carefully melt the lactic acid away
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.