[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Willpower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

How far can it go? where is the line drawn?

When people are said to have willed their way out of cancer, was it exactly by willpower that their brain decided to agree with what they wanted? or was it something else?
>>
File: Der_Mann_im_Spiegel.jpg (58KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
Der_Mann_im_Spiegel.jpg
58KB, 500x681px
>>8623674
It´s essentially the power to resist inner pain, the ability to create a dominant conscious narrative over subconscious narratives like pain, fear and others.
I don´t know how it´s formed. I do know though, that it´s very much possible to train your willpower with excerzises and constant testing of your limits. Also a lot of it seems to be inherited.

I guess it´s one of the things we´ll never get a real clue on.
>>
>>8623674

They often call it 'grit' and they say its 37% inheritable. As far as healing abilities go I would assume it to be closely related to placebo effects which can often be more powerful than actual medication, so yes I do think its possible. I also think its possible to die from no cause except placebo or psycho somatic illness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26867111

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/09/the-dark-side-of-the-placebo-effect-when-intense-belief-kills/245065/
>>
>>8623674
it goes anywhere.

the universe is completely deterministic. The amount of pain you feel when you do something doesnt change that one bit, you were gonna do that anyway.

haha
or are you ac onfirmed idiot who still doesnt know that the brain is chemical and electrical impulses
>>
>>8623674

When you think negatively and are fed negative thoughts, your chances of success dramatically decrease.
>>
>>8623674
look Hirohiko Araki et al.
>>
Specifically pertaining to cancer, it ALL 100% has to do with the body's immune response.
Do some research into Beta 1,3D Glucan.
>>
>>8623674
>>8624184
Or, rather, the power to deny momentary satisfaction.
>>
>>8623674
If you have the intelligence to understand what sensory inputs you are fed and the likely purpose of feeding you them it could boost your ego rather than shatter it.

>Wow someone actually spends time on trying to make me miserable and doubt myself. That must mean that I am rather important and awesome!
>>
There is no line
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.