[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tornado

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: f5_2007canada.jpg (288KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
f5_2007canada.jpg
288KB, 1200x900px
Why is there a tornado outbreak in WINTER! Someone give me the scientific reason why the temperature is good enough for a tornado?

http://www.ustornadoes.com/2017/01/05/the-largest-tornado-outbreaks-of-2017/
>>
>>8623567
It's not uncommon.

t. oklahoman
>>
>>8623572
I wouldn't live in Oklahoma unless my house was underground to be honest.
>>
>>8623567
http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/storms/tornado.htm
>>
>>8623588
I know how a tornado works. I am asking why those conditions are existing earlier than usual.
>>
>>8623608
Tornado's are more common in the Southeast during the winter, even more than during the summer in the Southeast. I know you're pushing for some climate change reasoning here, but it is incorrect to show that one day of warming is proof for anthropogenic climate change.

The reasoning comes down to windshear. Windshear is nearly absent in the southeast during the summer, because most of the extra tropical cyclones that produce windshear are pushed further to the north during the summer. Extra tropical cyclones tend to follow temperature gradients.

These temperature gradients begin to exist across the southeast during the winter, therefore, they are more likely to see tornadoes during the winter months rather than the dead of summer. Please go to pol if you want to argue climate change with retards.
>>
>>8623650
This. You can watch tornado season shift northwest from the southeast in late winter early spring, peaking in intensity over oklahoma during mid spring, then moving northeast to the midwest in the summer. It's the same every year.

>>8623583
Yeah. Or at least a safe room or underground shelter.

I don't have either. I'm on edge all spring.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.