[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Kurt_gödel.jpg (22KB, 212x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt_gödel.jpg
22KB, 212x270px
>Arguably be the greatest logician of all time (or at least the greatest logician since Aristotle)

>come up with arguably one of the greatest achievement in human thought, and probably the greatest mathematical achievement of the 20th century

>believe that you are being secretly poison and god

Yes, yes i know that being a mathematical logician is not the same as always thinking logically, but i just find it ironic sometimes

Is there a difference between scientific/mathematical and practical intellect?
>>
>>8621656
After studying category theory, I started to question my agnostic beliefs. I saw some things with the monoid, and know there is something more to the world than what is tangible.
>>
>>8621687
Can you elaborate more please?
>>
He was a pretty chill dude. Towards the end of his life he became convinced that there was an international conspiracy to cover up hidden works of Leibniz
>>
>>8621729>>8621656

Atheists talk about logic all the time but don't know it.
>>
>>8621754
Wat
>>
>>8621772
When atheist talk about logic they actually mean science and not pure thought,

"I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth." - Kurt Gödel
>>
>>8621656
I believe in God and I work in mathematics. It doesn't change the way I do mathematics. They aren't mutually exclusive things. There was a famous mathematician at one of my previous schools that was a huge Christian.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.