[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books to learn about quantum phyisics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Ralph_unimpressed.jpg (7KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
Ralph_unimpressed.jpg
7KB, 251x189px
Which books would you recommend for a 3rd year engineering student who wants to learn about the subject?
>>
>>8621554
>engineer

lol you're not smart enough to learn quantum physics, fag
>>
>>8621645
humor me faggot
>>
>>8621645
>>8621650

He's right in a way. I would first go and learn linear algebra and pde's before anything. I recall engineers only go up to ode and exclude linear at some universities, so make sure you know that. Also, make sure you know classical mechanics to the point of understanding why i doesn't work and why quantum mechanics was needed (this also applies to electricity and magnetism). Supplement this with some knowledge in waves and how they work. After all this, go pick up Shankar's Principles of Quantum Mechanics and supplement it with Griffiths Intro to quantum. If you already know all this just jump straight into the books.
>>
Fellow engineering major here. Can't fathom why anyone would want to waste their time learning something so devoid of utility or consequence.

Might as well study the Silmarillion.
>>
>>8621554
see >>8619357
>>
>>8621554
None of them. It's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down.

Sakurai is heavy but thorough. Griffiths is a bit sparse but it's pretty easy to "understand".
>>
Griffiths absolutely.
I'd suggest something like Takhtajan as well but but you're studying engineering so you're probably brain dead.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.