[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you ready for the post-antibiotic era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Are you ready for the post-antibiotic era?
>>
>>8621377
I love when professors say dumb shit like this and get huge student followup parroting ignorance.

Let me ask you a question.
How many mechanisms of the fifth generation antibiotics are inefficient toward targeted bacteria?
>>
>>8621383
You're replying to a high-schooler.
>>
>>8621459
I had this thing said with a straight face by a uni biology professor.
Thats why I though he was being serious.
>>
>>8621377
As antibiotic resistant bacteria becomes more common, antibiotic evolve to kill it. There may be a day where there is a perceived "hump" that we have to overcome in order to truly beat off resistant strains that refuse to die, but I don't think there will be a day where there aren't microbiologists and chemists working day and night looking for new cures and better drugs. As long as humans fight to survive, we will flourish.
>>
>>8621383

five of course
>>
>>8621477
At least, I hope that's the case...
>>
>>8621383
So are you saying that we aren't about to enter into a post-antibiotic era? Genuine question, I know very little about the subject.
>>
>>8621377
yes bacteriophages are better anyway
>>
>>8621492
Take uni level microbiology textbook and read through it.
Now take biochemistry textbook and read through it.
Now take the microbiology textbook and read it again.

As a last note
We as a world have been through a period called cold war.
During that period something called Biological weapons were created with such effort and money behind it that they were designed to be as lethal as possible with the biggest contagion rate as possible,and as resistant as possible.
With the same speed and money research was poured in defense against these threats.
From that research we now have common practices in civilian hospital and the treatment levels have better results than ever.
New antibiotics were developed that can fight even the worst bacteria created by man kind.
You can sleep well knowing there are people that always work on a cure whatever the bacteria.
If you want to read more on the cold war era biochem weapons I suggest you go and search the archives in /k/ for NBC threads,some people there really know their stuff and shared surprising amount of info on the subject.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.