[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obsession with trivial factual errors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1469133736886.jpg (725KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1469133736886.jpg
725KB, 1440x1280px
I have a hard time recovering from mistakes, regardless of the context or magnitude. I feel I have permanently proven that I am intellectually inferior. The feeling always recedes eventually but the wound is susceptible to reopening with further mistakes, which I inevitably make. Do any of you struggle with this? Have you found any coping mechanisms for reducing the time lost ruminating on your continually renewing status as a moron?
>>
>>8621360

> I have a hard time recovering from mistakes, regardless of the context or magnitude. I feel I have permanently proven that I am intellectually inferior. The feeling always recedes eventually but the wound is susceptible to reopening with further mistakes, which I inevitably make.

It's like looking to a mirror.

> Do any of you struggle with this?

Yes.

> Have you found any coping mechanisms for reducing the time lost ruminating on your continually renewing status as a moron?

I wish. Some people both here and IRL have tried to help/convince me, but I always feel I can't trust their judgement, since I'm the only one inside my head and I only see a fog.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>8621360
>reducing the time lost ruminating
This is the only thing worth of your entire post.

Yes it is. And you won't do it because you only come here to spout bullshit and feel better without doing anything until you fail again.

That's the average life.

The only solution that will make a difference between commom scholars and you is to master basic mathematics until calculus.
>>
>>8621360
>ITT: Brainlet tries to justify why he is also pucci
>>
>>8621617
Incoherent.
>>8621625
Predictable.
>>
>Boo hoo, muh feels after my delusion of genius gets smashed again and again.
>>
>>8621360
Learn your course material and basic logic. Also, everytime you write something, ask yourself honestly "is this true ? am I trying to scam the reader ?" After a while, you won't make mistakes.
I find that past a certain point (say 3 or 4 years into a math degree), people don't make blatant mistakes anymore (unless they're dumb mistakes like forgetting a factor somewhere but everybody does it, even professors), they just know when an argument is correct or not and can tell when what they're saying is dubious.
The problem then becomes to understand the material and have ideas, which is much more interesting. But you need to have the basics drilled into your head.
>>
>>8621360
>Have you found any coping mechanisms for reducing the time lost ruminating on your continually renewing status as a moron?
Realize you're being a gigantic drama queen throwing a fit because you forgot to take a square root
Move on with your life
>>
I rationalize it by reminding myself that not realizing my fault would be way worse in the long run.

And ofc not giving a fuck about what other people think about me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.