[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/'s thoughts on cédric villani

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: cedric-villani.jpg (113KB, 337x378px) Image search: [Google]
cedric-villani.jpg
113KB, 337x378px
/sci/'s thoughts on cédric villani
>>
>>8621334
He looks like a villain from professor layton or something. Lmao
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-01-22h42m20s887.png (411KB, 919x731px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-01-22h42m20s887.png
411KB, 919x731px
>>8621334
spider whisperer and a massive autist

probably also a good mathematician. I have no experience in advanced math, so even wildberger sounds credible to me
>>
>>8621340
despite looking like the most autistic/edgiest mathematician i've ever known, he has a really good way of communicating and conveying abstract ideas to a less knowledgable public
>>
File: 1430658367099.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1430658367099.png
483KB, 529x470px
>tfw too much of a brainlet to read his work on the Boltzmann equation
>>
>>8621334
He tried really hard to popularize math while still being a real mathematician. In contrast to fakes like black science man and other crackpots.

I don't think it's working.
>>
>>8621373
nothing should be forced to popularization, though.
as it ALWAYS happens, as soon as too many people watch/read/do something --because many of them are fucking brainlets-- they start memeing and it immediately becomes annoying as fuck.
this applies not only to movies, books, games, etc., but to science as well
just look: now we have quantum mechanics, string theory, riemann zeta function, entropy and so on... being discussed by people who received no training in these subjects.
science had better been not so vigorously popularized. decent men will find a way to it
>>
>>8621390
brainlet here, just got into second year of engineering and i've just recently started getting into real science.
has it really become that way in a worldwide fashion? because i live in a sort of undeveloped country on the science subject (the ministry of science/technology was just ANNOUNCED, not even created yet) and i haven't quite had the chance to hear anyone who's not studying any kind of science discuss something like that
>>
>>8621334
I like his spider brooch.
>>
went to a lecture/talk he did 2 days ago and he literally used rage comics on his slides
>>
>>8621334

le spider mane
>>
>>8621334

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the spider
>>
>>8621414
there is /sci/ which is swarming with aforementioned memes
>>
>>8621551
that's cringe
>>
I curse involuntarily any time I see someone who takes steampunk seriously. But that NP video he did about how mathematicians interface with the public was really insightful
>>
dropped his book the moment he mentioned enjoying manga and anime

i mean, it was pretentious from the beginning, but that moment the stench went off the limits
>>
>>8621672
aww you missed the best part (somewhere around 60-80% through) where he gets the idea of how to solve his problem and then you get like 12 pages of hardcore analysis
>>
File: spidermane.png (105KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
spidermane.png
105KB, 960x540px
>>8621558
>>
>>8621672
is this legit? i never thought somebody so highly praised in the world of science would be a weeb
>>
>>8622100
weebness and outstanding intelligence go hand in hand, they are two sides of the same coin: autism
>>
>>8622100
It wouldn't surprise me if it was. Japanese culture is surprisingly popular in France (and the other way around as well).
>>
>>8621334
Seems a bit annoying at first, but really nice guy and a great educator (and mathematician ofc)
>>
>>8621334
He looks like some mad professor from my chinese cartoons.
>>
>>8621390
in spite of it being so vigorously popularized decent men will find a way to it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.