[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reflexes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: idea.png (23KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
idea.png
23KB, 640x400px
Hello /sci/. 5 minutes ago I've got this idea.
What if i connect few electrodes to my palm, connect them to computer. Next I will play in my headphones how a character is pronounced and shock myself a little with a special pattern of electrodes.
And repeat this for each letter in English or my native Russian alphabet.

And here is my question: after 2(or more) weeks of such procedures, will I hallucinate sounds when shocked in a specific pattern?

Imagine possibilities of silent data transfer.
>>
>>8621088
sounds like a way to brainwashing.

i think that your brain would associate the pain to the sounds but nothing more than that.
>>
This might have something to it.

You could just use the Braille system, I can see that your rough sketch has six dots, that'd be the perfect arrangement.

If you decide to do this, please post status updates. This is the kind of thing to tripfag for.
>>
>>8621091
I'm sorry I didn't understand you.

This is my goal - to associate specific pain to specific sound.Just like I associate specific pictures(characters) to sounds now.
>a way to brainwashing
Do you think it may be harmful for me? I doubt this method will work at all,and brainwashing is much more complex thing than simple "reading"
>>
>>8621100
There are also various ways to feel the pattern.
Electrical shock is one, but it may lead to some disorders. Depends on the power.
Another way is to prick myself with some kind of needle fixed on the motor.
I also considered vibrations, but they emit sounds and mix together.
>>
>>8621101
>Do you think it may be harmful for me?
if you do as you described it probably not.

> brainwashing is much more complex thing than simple "reading"
i fucked up saying brainwashing but since we are here.
I think that you can traumatize a person to the point that they can associate a sounds with physical pain.
>>
>>8621088

Yeah, there is stuff like this. I think it has a special name.

There are blind people that build a headset so that they could "hear" colors. They said it really enriched their lives. Oh, I found the guy that did this,

https://www.ted.com/talks/neil_harbisson_i_listen_to_color
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.