[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why we do things in math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: mathematic-formula.png (633KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mathematic-formula.png
633KB, 1600x1200px
I'll try to explain myself. I can understand the logic into mathematic, and why you have to do an operation in one way or another. but as example, when I see formulas an there is a exponential, why? how do you know you have to elevate something to a determined power? I understand it in geometry, but once I'm aout of that field, I can't make any sense of it.
what I really want to know and my poor english does not let me explain is that, there is logic at the bottom of mathematical operations and formulas, but I can't see it. how do I undertand this kind of things?
>>
>>8619276
Usually a field has two defined operations. Then you can prove that other operations follow from them.

For example the reals have two operations, addition and multiication. You can use the trichotomy law to get division and subtraction. You use multiplication to get to exponent, etc.....

The logic behind it is that you unfurl definitions to more and more basic logic until you get back where you started.
>>
>>8619276
>when I see formulas an there is a exponential, why?
Because we want to.

>how do you know you have to elevate something to a determined power?
We know this if when we simulate solving the problem in our mind, at the end we get a solution.

> there is logic at the bottom of mathematical operations and formulas, but I can't see it

There isn't much logic to it. For every problem there are a billion ways to solve it so you just need to start simulating solving it in your brain until something clicks. Then you write that down.

>how do I undertand this kind of things?
By solving problems.
>>
File: MH8onJG.png (361KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MH8onJG.png
361KB, 1280x720px
>>
An exponential basically implies a dependence of the variable or physical observable upon itself. i.e. the bigger it is the bigger it wil get.
>>
>>8619276
You're accerating at 5m/s^2
You travel from rest for 5s
How far did you go?
>>
>>8621022
How do i know if i went in a straight line the whole time?
>>
>>8621022
Assuming it is a straight line and it's just normal phisycs (I hope) less than 1,5 milimeters?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.