[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meteorology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: futurecast-penis.jpg (268KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
futurecast-penis.jpg
268KB, 700x525px
I have a theory about meteorologists:
They should not be allowed to publicly predict when the weather will turn from nice to rain, snow, or some other generally bad state.

The reason is simple, take these four scenarios:

A. If today is a nice day, people will be happy...
1. If the meteorologist says tomorrow will be nice, people will continue to be happy today and they will be happy tomorrow too.
2. If the meteorologist says tomorrow will be bad, people stop being happy today and will be unhappy tomorrow too.

B. If today is a bad day, people are not happy...
1. If the meteorologist says tomorrow will be nice, people will be less unhappy today and they will be happy tomorrow.
2. If the meteorologist says tomorrow will be bad, people will continue to be unhappy today and will be unhappy tomorrow too.

Both of the B scenarios cause no increase in unhappiness. People either get happier, or they stay unhappy.
Of the A scenarios, A-2 causes unhappiness by telling people tomorrow will be bad and ruining their today as well. A-1 allows people to remain happy until tomorrow, when they would be unhappy regardless of whether they were pre-informed or not.

Thus:
A-2 should be illegal. If meteorologists know that tomorrow will be worse than today, they should not be allowed to inflict unhappiness on the population. They however should be permitted to tell people tomorrow will be the same as today (still nice, or still bad) or that tomorrow will be nicer than today.
>>
>>8619118
>We shouldn't deal with the state of things or accept results that make us sad
God, you voted for Hillary, didn't you.
>>
>>8619125
You probably deny anthropogenic global warming don't you?
>>
>>8619125
Sounds more like a Trump supporter to me, desu. Every comment section I see on the internet is a Trumper crying that their hugbox echochambers have been violated with anti-Trump sentiments and they need a safe space.
>>
It falls to account for the phenomenon of some people liking rain/snow/wind/fog/sun/etc.
>>
>>8619206
They're the minority.
>>
>>8619118
that is a big benis :D:D:D:D
>>
I dont even go outside why would I give a shit?
>>
>>8619118
Maybe all predictions should be outlawed? And all bad in general, as well. "Pre's" should be done away with too, since it all about doing something before something should be done (pre-serve food, pre-dict.ate a certain bad future is pre-ordained).

Even predicting that a subway will run on the same course should be illegal. It spoils the spirit of spontaneity and the wonders made possible from infinite possibilities.

...and they will predict battering storms, torrential floods, raging tsunamis, relentless heatwaves, deadly plagues, droughts, famines and more...and they will come, these relentless, unstoppable and insatiable consequences, more often than not.
...and every day and every year a little worse than the previous year's worse. Every day millions of people step closer to the day a catastrophic weather event will end their life prematurely, painfully, terrifyingly.
>>
>>8619118
>be me
>meteorologist
>see violent tornado outbreak developing across Florida/Georgia
>decide not to tell them because I don't want to ruin their day
>EF-5 tornado roars through area, kills 139 people
>at least they died happy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.