[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: lab fuckups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: chemistry.jpg (527KB, 1286x1124px) Image search: [Google]
chemistry.jpg
527KB, 1286x1124px
ITT: lab fuckups
>>
lol is that blood?

Where's the body?
>>
>>8619082

it imploded according to buzzfeed
>>
I assume this happened in a slavic shithole yes?
>>
>>8619149
>Honolulu Fire Department
>>
>>8619014
this was the hydrogen tank that exploded due to a faulty regulator that leaked and somehow a spark was generated, right?

i remember getting a notification about this in my lab 2 years back or so. hits close to home since we use hydrogen daily and we have in next to a bunch of electrical equipment.
>>
>>8619086
>>8619082

No body, surprisingly. Just a severed arm. Google Thea Elins-Coward.
>>
>>8619256
*Ekins
>>
>>8619227
>hits close to home since we use hydrogen daily and we have in next to a bunch of electrical equipment

RIP Anon.
>>
>>8619014
I once spilled sulfuric acid on my hands.
>>
>>8619795
happened to me once too
not a big deal, really. concentrated acid is very dense and viscous, so I only felt a burning sensation after a couple of seconds after I spilled it, then I swiftly washed it with cold water.
skin on area of contact was dry and yellow for couple of days, but in general no damage was done. even the hairs remained intact
>>
I almost glued my fingers together with epoxy one time. Also spilled concentrated NaOH on my hand, and I accidentally splashed horse manure into my nose and mouth. Accidentally ingested dilute calgon because I was mouth siphoning.

My advisor shocked himself while working on electrical equipment that was still plugged in.
>>
I almost burned my hand adding 10M sulfuric acid to a test tube full of water. Oops

I dropped a fractional distillation tube once trying to set the rig up. A $30 mistake

Nothing terrible so far thank fucking god
>>
>>8619014
>>8619256

There seems to not be a lot of blood for a severed arm.
>>
>>8620625
Have you ever taken all of the blood out of someones arm? Its lots.
>>
>>8620627
That's what I'm saying you fucking retard. Try reading my post again, dumbass.
>>
>>8620627

Damn almost got him nice try anon
>>
File: RBORIP.jpg (97KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
RBORIP.jpg
97KB, 854x480px
>>8619227
Regulator burnout, RBO. Happens with all types of compressed gas systems. Essentially an errant piece of dust or fleck of paint can find its way into the diaphragm and cause an explosion due to the high pressures within the regulator. Causes my asshole to pucker every time I crack the valve on an oxygen tank open.
>>
>>8620597
>mouth pipetting
Are you a time traveler from the 60s?
>>
>>8620597
everyone in my lab got shocked, even a visiting student we had.

it's quite a weird sensation. feels like arms are frozen for a split second.
>>
>>8619227
https://lintvkhon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/hfd-uh-post-explosion-report.pdf
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.