[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OFFICIAL GEN ED HORROR STORIES THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: cringe.jpg (117KB, 440x200px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
117KB, 440x200px
OFFICIAL GEN ED HORROR STORIES THREAD

>Be me, math major
>Have to take bullshit geography 2 credit requirement
>Attend the very first class
>Professor introducing what geography is, even though he knows we did it in highschool
>He tries really hard to claim geography is a science. Calls geographers scientists. Even though he, a geographer, is from the fucking humanities department. But don't let basic logic get in the way of a good lecture ;^)
>Class continues, same hour
>Professor starts talking about some tectonic plates and shit. Mentions something that happened 10 million years ago
>Fat bitch with her hair dyed ORANGE AND GOLD raises her hand and says "Uhh, that contradicts the bible" or some shit.
>Professor enters damage control mode. Looks fucking scared. We live in a christian majority country.
>Defends by claiming that sometimes you ask faith, sometimes you ask science. And that in this class we would refer to science more than faith. He tells her that she needs to accept both sides.
>The girl unironically says: Well, I don't want to believe in science. I see no logic in it.
>Professor just answers: Well, hopefully by the end of this course you will see the logic.
>The girl is visibly disturbed that at a university they don't just teach "JEEESUUUUS DID IT!!"
>kek

Why are non-STEM professors and students so fucking cringe? It hurts to be among them and I bet you faggots have similar stories so SHARE THEM ALL HERE.
>>
>>8617278
Honestly, the professor isn't that cringe-worthy. Though geography is part of humanities it does overlap with the Earth Sciences considerably. I have no defense for the fat bitch however.
>>
>>8617278
There is absolutely 0% chance any of this happened
>>
File: 1484801521551.jpg (92KB, 368x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484801521551.jpg
92KB, 368x960px
>be math major
>be in law class (elective)
>mandatory online discussion forums
>get in argument with feminist
>find her twitter
>her sperging out for hours, bunch of not-so-vague threats, all over a single non-inflammatory post I made
>should have reported the threats to the police but didn't feel like taking it that far
>>
>>8617410
What did you say to her? Jesus I'm sorry for you
>>
>>8617382
>There is absolutely 0% chance any of this happened

I don't know much my word is worth but I can guarantee it fucking happened.

I mean, it was a bullshit humanities course taken in a christian majority country. I kinda expected it to happen. A bunch of young people who have been fed the jesus dick who are now studying useless arts hear science for the first time. How can they not sperg out?
>>
File: hapepe.jpg (23KB, 394x458px) Image search: [Google]
hapepe.jpg
23KB, 394x458px
>taking psy 101 at community college that will transfer credit to uni
>big class of 150+ in lecture hall
>skip 80% of classes because I took AP psych in highschool
>show up on exam days and get Bs/Cs, don't really care as I already have a spot at my transfer Uni
>final exam day, I sleep through alarm and miss the exam
>email the professor multiple times
>not a single response
>2 weeks later when our online transcripts are released I see I see he gave me an A
>never talked to the guy a single time the entire semester

who /nice guy professors/ here?
>>
>>8617410
>english speaking unis
>>
File: 1422739698753.png (101KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1422739698753.png
101KB, 250x222px
>>8617278
>be chemistry major
>take philosophy as part of humanities requirement
>listen to professors and learn the material
>enjoy the courses even though they aren't directly aligned with my major because I'm not an autistic sperglord

On a side note, should highschool english just be replaced with philosophy? Philosophy is essentially english except instead of reading opinions disguised as art, you read opinions not disguised.
>>
>>8617537
What country? And when you say "christian majority" do you mean like the United States or do you mean like Poland?
>>
>>8617603
US
>>
>>8617600
It is not about enjoying the course. It is about seeing shit you would never see in your normal classes. I also enjoyed the geography class, specially for how easy it was.

Apparently humanities courses unironically give grades for homeworks lol. 60% for homeworks, 40% of the final exam. It is a joke. Passing is so easy, and the professor was chill.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.