[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, help a /sci/entist out- my class needs the pdf of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1484931262113.jpg (87KB, 1001x785px) Image search: [Google]
1484931262113.jpg
87KB, 1001x785px
Hey guys, help a /sci/entist out- my class needs the pdf of the 5th Edition of Statics and Mechanics of Materials (Hibbeler) and none of us can find the textbook for less than 300 bucks.
>>
>>8616725
You're not a /sci/entist. Your class literally just needs to chip in and share. Why so cheap?
>>
This Hibbeler sounds like a real asshole. An introductory engineering text for 300 dollars. How greedy.
>>
I found the pdf in literally 10 seconds. I'm not going to give it to you, because then you won't learn anything.
>>
Did your instructor confirm that you actually need *that* book?

Lot of times, on day one of class, the instructor will say "so the recommended text for this class is bullshit, use whatever book you want as long as it isn't Wikipedia".
>>
I suggest transfer to a real university.
>>
With best wishes from Russia.
https://my.mixtape.moe/rcghpy.pdf
>>
>>8616757
Russians are awesome. But I was expecting 5th edition. Couldn't find it.
>>
I don't believe the 5th edition has been scanned yet.

>>8616753
Sometimes lazy professors will ask you to do the book exercises for homework, which is graded, so basically a third of your grade or so is locked behind a paywall, especially because college book authors are crafty jews who leave the material intact between versions but chance the exercises.
>>
>>8616736
Ok bud.
>>8616746
I'm almost positive you found the 4th edition, which is easy to find; the 5th is what we need due to the exercises in the book.
>>8616756
UC Berkeley is a real university.
>>8616802
RIP me.
>>
>>8616834
Seriously, what's with Berkeley? There was another thread of Berkeley student asking help for his QM HWs. And even I've heard about the rampant cheating in the lower-level courses, CS 61C being the most famous one. And now this, a prof using over-overpriced textbook. I thought my university was bad.
>>
how many people are there in your class? amazon has the book used for $180

you could
>divide the cost by the whole class
>buy one copy
>make a pdf with the exercises
>resell the book
>return an equal part of the money

>use the pdf of the 4th version to do the exercises
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.