[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good introductory books on economics? I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5165.jpg (290KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5165.jpg
290KB, 1440x600px
What are some good introductory books on economics? I want to read something as unbiased as possible, presenting just the concepts, models and math behind those models. I know calculus(I-III) and linear algebra and some logic, so I wouldn't mind a slightly rigorous book.

I have some friends claiming that economic models are implicitly morally biased, and I don't know enough about economics to confirm or deny that. So I want to get up to speed.

This relates to modeling behavior with mathematics, so I believe /sci/ is the right board for this
>>
>>8612641

>I don't know enough about economics to confirm or deny that

Perhaps before trying to delve into the mathematical models involved in economics, you should at least try to understand the topic you wish to predict?

Thomas Sowell Basic Economics is pretty good at that.
>>
>>8612749

I assumed a good introductory text would include and explain the mathematical models, but I admit that I don't know how complex they really can be.

I'll look into that book, thanks
>>
>>8612641
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Economics_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>>8612762

Not my area, but my point was - why learn mathematical models for a subject you don't even understand / haven't studied yet (economics as a whole)?
>>
>economics
>unbiased
no such thing

I suggest MIT's principles of microeconomics, the professor knows his shit even though he's kind of an asshole (Jonathan Gruber, one of he biggest architects of romneycare and obamacare)
I don't like what he does but he's smart and can teach.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.