[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gpa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What gpa is is the absolute minimum that you would consider acceptable? Obviously ideal is a 4.0 but is anything less then like a 3.5 totally unacceptable and you're pretty much squandering your time?
>>
>>
>>8610211
What's good for grad school?
>>
>>8610209
C's get degrees.

If youre getting your foot in the door at a plant, firm or business, they could care less about your grade. Your likeability trumps all that on paper.
>>
>>8610209
>What gpa is is the absolute minimum that you would consider acceptable?

For what?

Whether it is grad school or undergrad your gpa is relatively small potatoes in terms of importance. Even if you graduated undergrad with a 2.0 you could still go to grad school, albeit not as simply or easily.
>>
>>8610218
>What's good for grad school?

The higher the better. Absolute min generally should be above 3.0. But even below that you can take non-matriculated classes to prove your worth and get rid of your past gpa record.

In terms of getting into grad school your gpa is like 10% of the decision. The most weight is in recommendation letters and SOP (assuming you're an amerifag).
>>
From what I've gathered (still in undergrad) schools don't care too much about GPA, but some school systems drop your application if your GPA is below certain limit. I think above 3.5 is enough, but always aim for higher. What is more important is to get recommendation letters, research experience and a good thesis. Idk for business though. I suppose GRE also help in the U.S. Can someone correct me?
>>
>>8610234

Nope you've got it right. I'd say the drop off point is probably somewhere in the realm of 2.8-3.0 but like i said this does not prevent you from taking other steps to make your grad school dream a reality.

I'd even go as far as to say that your gpa counts for even less than 5% of the decision in the U.S. Maybe a little higher for international as they often dont take SOP.
>>
My undergrad GPA was about 2.9990 (but the second half of my undergrad career was about 3.4, I fucked up the beginning a lot) and I got into a funded PhD program. Not high tiered obviously, but reasonably okay, with an advisor who publishes in good journals
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.