[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls help anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1457896195098.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457896195098.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
You probably heard this but I couldnt find it in the sticky so I need a good book recommendation for math. I basically know nothing besides the very basics I learnt in elementary school (I even doubt my counting abilities sometimes). So as a math retard I would like to learn so one day I can get into statistics and understand it for various reasons plus I would also like it for my interest in philosophy of science and methodology. I have no idea of anything in math at all. It was all memorization in my school back in the day in post communistic shithole retardtier kind of education that everyone forgot after they left it.

What would you recommend? I know about khan academy and will give it a try but if its possible I would prefer book to videos. I am hugely uneducated in this area.

Heard about these two books:https://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Elementary-Approach-Ideas-Methods/dp/0195105192

https://www.amazon.com/Concepts-Modern-Mathematics-Ian-Stewart/dp/0486284247/ref=pd_sim_b_1

But dont know if they require some prior understanding or not. I want to get the general feel and understanding of math in reality, the symbols and would want the why is it as it is if possible. Its not for any kind of uni just for personal use and understanding. Would prefer if its a book or two max and I dont need any deep and/or "start with the greeks" road that would take years to accomplish.
>>
>>8609769
Concepts of Modern Math can be read with someone who has NEVER thought about math at all. It is truly an entry level book that even has funny pictures.

That's not to say it's a bad book, in fact I really liked it when I read it before having studied math.
>>
>>8609769

pick up a used high-school or freshman-college level book on algebra. jump straight to the exercises. if you can't do an exercise, go through the chapter until you understand what to do. that's really all it takes.
>>
liberal amounts of your preferred stimulant will help too, since high-school math is pretty boring
>>
>>8609812
That would be good but I live in slav shithole and have no understanding of what good math book is here. All the good soviet books were got rid of long before I get into school as a child. I have basically no idea what would I get because the way the math books are here you cant know which one is good and what is in it. The libraries are pretty non existent with this topic too or even libraries in general that have anything else than harlequin and romance bullshit.

I would rather use khan academy than that. Even with my limited english skills I would prefer english books that are decent. There is also huge lack of any information and no alternatives here to pick from. A country with 5 mil of people dont have a lot of choices in literature.

So I need concrete sources.
>>
>>8609848

the book itself doesn't really matter too much. its main value is the exercises. perhaps torrent something along with the answer key.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.