[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to read one of these books. Which one is better and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: books.jpg (117KB, 608x474px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
117KB, 608x474px
I have to read one of these books. Which one is better and why?
>>
>>8608469
I haven't read either. But Feynman>>>Hawking.
>>
>>8608471
This.
>>
>>8608469

Feynman

meme answer: He won a nobel and hawkning never will

real answer: He has a good writing style and QED is millions of times more relevant and readily useful for applications and understanding in physics courses than string theory ever will be.
>>
>>8608469
Without having read either Feynman is objectively a better communicator of science, so probably Feynman.
>>
>>8608469

QED is a truly great book. Highly recommended.
>>
So it's Feynman then. Thanks /sci/
>>
>>8608469
Stephen Hawking is famous partly due to the fact that he is a cripple. His ideas are well constructed, but his books are mediocre and are great to give to family members paying you a visit.

Read the Feynman book.
>>
>>8608492
>and are great to give to family members paying you a visit.

kek
>>
>>8608492
>giving family members books he wouldnt see as the best for himself

>inb4 i give only books i think they will like and read or i myself consider to be top.
>>
>>8608471
>>8608474
>>8608475
>>8608478
>>8608482
>>8608488
>>8608492
Holy fuck, /sci/ just managed to reach a consensus on something that requires opinion!
>>
>>8608496
>opinion

>>8608478
>objectively better

i think you misunderstood something.
>>
>>8608496
cheers /sci/

is /pol/ taking a night off?
>>
>>8608496
/sci/ would be a great board if the mods actually enforced the rules and deleted the lava vs ice sun threads as well as the homework threads disguised by being edited onto a chalkboard with the anime teacher.

We should attempt to create infographics for people seeking book recommendations or for learning resources.
>>
>>8608508
inb4 /sci/mon and memeing is on its worst.
>>
>>8608508
also all the stoner teen threads, and /x/posters, and the memephile watchers that come and start a thread about 1/12 per day.
>>
>>8608469
chapter 2 of QED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1GdgD77AQ4
>>
>>8608510
(after) inb4/sci/mon [subject context: negative connotation] - amalgamation

Hello. Would you like to talk? I am not a meme.
>>
>>8608508
No.
Lava/Ice Sun is /sci/ tradition.
>>
>>8608469
my dad gave me QED when I was about 12 and I loved it-- but I only read about 1/3 of it and I didn't understand most of it
I looked again last year and a lot of it seemed like it was going over my head even though it was trying hard to avoid math
t. guy who is good at math but not so much at communication
>>
>>8608508
>lava vs ice sun threads
holy shit you guys still have those?
>>
>>8608675
also he definitively gives an answer to "is light a particle or a wave" and I remember that statement (made by someone else) being vehemently attacked before, and I don't know enough to say if it's actually true or not-- but you can rest assured it's true in practical terms
>>
>>8608678
it got deleted. there was one 20 mins or so ago. i answered kindly that he should stop te meme and that there are no such things.
>>
>>8608671
>tradition

>>>/x/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.